What is it?
It's a program that will check all of your Meka roms (SMS, GG, SC, SG, SF7 & Coleco), zipped or unzipped, against its own lists. Lists for other formats are currently under construction, help would be welcome. You can then:
- Delete the duplicates
- Rename the roms so their filenames match their names as shown in meka.nam, both inside and outside zips
- Trim the overdumps
- Remove unnecessary headers and footers
- Fix some of the bad dumps
- Move them to the folders of your choice, sorting them by type as you go
- Individually zip or RAR them
- ...and unzip/unRAR them
SMS Checker 0.81 (666KB)
Download the latest ROM data files here.
- 6/4/05 Datafile update
Datafiles are constantly updated; I also updated the main download with the latest ones, but everyone should be updating frequently.
You know, there have been lots of updates to the data files. I'm aware of some problems with the folder tree, so I'll try to fix them when I can; for now, if it acts weird then restarting usually does the trick. Anyway, I just did a big update - get the datafiles manually, or use the in-program update to check which are needed. I also updated the datafiles in the main download, just to be helpful.
- 28/7/03 0.81
Whoa! An update! Improved handling of duplicates when fixing roms; added RAR support; fixed a bug in the Sort function; added "Set all" button for Sort; ported to Delphi 7 and fixed all known issues caused by the process; improved Windows XP visual style support; improved program icon; brought rom databases up to date; added a cool splash screen now it's really slow to load.
These are some extra romdata files which I am not supporting as actively as the official ones included in the main download. They might not be as up-to-date.
- Sega 32X (1KB) - uses names from G3
- Smeg (11KB) - Master System and Game Gear rom subset (no bad dumps/overdumps etc), with ISO 9660 compatible names, for use with Smeg, a Dreamcast emulator for those two systems. Fix the roms first using the main romdata files.