The first proper sequel to Alex Kidd in Miracle World was based around Sega's hit Shinobi franchise, reimagining the locations, enemies and music in the cutesy Alex Kidd style, producing an imaginative crossover that's great fun to play.
Brief game guide
Run, jump and sword-slash to the end to save your girlfriend!
You have some shinobi powers, mainly just the ability to make yourself into a fireball by spinning around something, but the wall jumping is handy too.
- L/R = run
- D = crouch, climb down pole/rope, swim down
- U = climb up pole/rope, swim up
- D+L/R = crouching walk
- 1 = sword slash
- 2 = jump
- D+2 = climb down onto pole
- U+2 = climb up onto pole
- Hold 1 to spin into a fireball while on a rope or pole
- Press L+2 or R+2 into a wall while jumping to jump off it
Round 1 - Kabuto
Round 2 - Raid of the Helicopters
Round 3 - The Jungle
Round 4 - The Battle with the Dark Ninja
Congratulations to you, Alex, all is done.
Thank you for your guidance.