Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Golden axe warrior map problem.

Reply to topic
Golden axe warrior map problem.
Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:24 am
Ok So i'm on my way to the dwarf village and you know that spot with the eight dead trees where you use the magic rope to climb the rocks and the village is the next board over? Or if you keep going west you'll make it to the dwarf Palace? Well on this spot with the eight dead trees i ran into a wierd bug. Most likely from when i was repointering the text and worked at it a little longer then I should have. Every step i take in this area takes me to the lucky card game. So i have to keep exiting the card game room over and over again until i get out that particular little area. Has anyone ever ran into a problem like this? Where is map data in the rom? In the D000's? I am not sure what i did but i think it's a matter of changing a pointer or two. I read Kujo's thread on Golden Axe from a couple years ago so that's where I got the idea that D000 might be where the map data would be.

I am finished with all the dialog in my spanish translation and right now i am playing through the game correcting grammer errors and squashing bugs. But this one I need a little help stepping on, so any info you have will be greatly appreciated.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:42 am
I suspect your modifications have overwritten something important. Either you need to debug how it's doing what you describe, or you need to remove the modifications until it stops happening and then see if that helps explain it.
Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:21 am
Ugh... I'm hoping it's not the worst case scenario and have to end up scrapping this version and end up having to repointering whole dialog again! I think that's what it's coming down to.

Thanx for your answer, Maxim!
Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:09 pm
Well, for anyone that's interested, the data I was talking about is between 0000A000 and 0000B000. Problem is pretty much solved!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!