Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Game Gear language switch English 60hz <> JP 60hz possible?

Reply to topic
Game Gear language switch English 60hz <> JP 60hz possible?
Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:59 pm
It may be very straight forward or quite complex due to various VA boards but there's seems to be very little information on language switching other than the final paragraph found at the very bottom of the page by clicking on the link below:

http://www.freewebs.com/vgmods/gamegearmodifications.htm

That one from Freewebs shows it has a language switch but it does PAL 50hz <> JP mode.
Is it possible to create a switch that toggles: US 60hz <> JP 60hz?

It would be nice to try out true JP GG games like Pop Breaker and even try out this extra level in GG Ristar which is only playable by playing on a Game Gear system in Japanese mode.

My Game Gear system right now is currently in Sweden about to get modded with GGTV and controller eventually.
Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:52 pm
Greenalink wrote
It may be very straight forward or quite complex due to various VA boards but there's seems to be very little information on language switching other than the final paragraph found at the very bottom of the page by clicking on the link below:

http://www.freewebs.com/vgmods/gamegearmodifications.htm

That one from Freewebs shows it has a language switch but it does PAL 50hz <> JP mode.
Is it possible to create a switch that toggles: US 60hz <> JP 60hz?

It would be nice to try out true JP GG games like Pop Breaker and even try out this extra level in GG Ristar which is only playable by playing on a Game Gear system in Japanese mode.

My Game Gear system right now is currently in Sweden about to get modded with GGTV and controller eventually.

I have some tutorials on my web site about changing region and frequency in Game Gear with Two Asic and VA1. The content is in Portuguese (Brazil), but you can figure looking at images. http://esraelneto.com.br/hardware/gg_reg_freq.php

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:56 pm
lol thats my site. it needs updates so bad haha.
yes you can do this. u need to set the gg to JP mode. there is a pin on the asic u need to cut the trace for and add a toggle switch. if u look at the service manuals its labelled JAP i think. i have done this mod for someone that wanted to play pop breaker on a US GG.

-Segasonicfan
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!