SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Missing information: media type

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Missing information: media type
Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:12 pm
I forgot to add a field in the "game" or "gamerelease" table, to hold the media type : card, cartridge, cassette, floppy, etc...

I am not sure how to display it however. This sort of information is redundant in most cases, except a few (card games being rereleased on cartridge, some SG-1000 games in both formats, etc.), but I'll try to work it out as a toy with Dreamweaver-powered designing.

Also, what about adding more information about the media: cartridge label color? This is also bothering to display in a generic matter since some games had multiple labels (eg: blue & red labels in USA).
So I suggest not storing that information into a DB table.
But if possible, we could have cartridge medias scanned for references.
Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:02 pm

> Also, what about adding more information about the media: cartridge label color? This is also bothering to display in a generic matter since some games had multiple labels (eg: blue & red labels in USA).

A "Variations" listing would be usefull for games released on both card and cart, and for games with alternate boxes/labels
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:08 pm
> > Also, what about adding more information about the media: cartridge label color? This is also bothering to display in a generic matter since some games had multiple labels (eg: blue & red labels in USA).

> A "Variations" listing would be usefull for games released on both card and cart,

Ok.

> and for games with alternate boxes/labels

I'm not yet sure how to handle that. I'm ok to add entry in the variable table for different country, medias (card/cart) or name (Jungle Book, Le Livre de la Jungle, etc...) but I'm not sure it should be introduced for package variations.

There's too many of them: remember about the subtle variation with or without (r), etc... this would clutter the release table if we added them.

However, we could create another table to hold this information. Or it could fit within the scan table.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!