SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - NES start button doesn't work in Meka

Reply to topic
Benny Hill
NES start button doesn't work in Meka
Post Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:54 pm
Hi, I love Sega Master System, but Castlevania and Rygar were not released for it and those two games can be loaded with Meka but when I try to press start it doesn't work. It's a shame since I really don't want to bother downloading a NES emulator when all I want to play from that thing are those two wonderful games. Maye Princess Tomato in Salad Kingdom too, because people say it's awesome but I wont bother if Meka can't run it.

Thanks

Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:10 am
http://www.vgmuseum.com/pics3/rygarSEGA.html
Benny Hill
Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:51 am
I already played that one. But it creeps me the hell up. It's such a mysterious game, where was it released? The music for the bosses reminds me a lot of the music for the last level of the NES Rygar. I don't know why it feels a lot like a sequel. SMS Rygar confuses me.

The only bad thing about the SMS Rygar is that is not an adventure game where you have to look for items and stuff. Plus, the music for NES Rygar is amazing, SMS Rygar has apt music and is kind of irritating how easy enemies kill you (lots of cheap deaths).

Does anyone have any clue as to what mythology is Rygar based upon? I know people say greek but that's only PS2 "real graphx xtreme"Rygar. SMS and NES Rygar feel look kind of Polynesian to me.

Anyway, the SMS could have been my all time perfect machine if only Contra, Castlevania and Rygar had been released for it. The SMS Ninja Gaiden beats the living crap out of all 3 released for NES.

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:36 am
MEKA is a terrible terrible NES emulator. It was only done as an egg easter joke. Just download a proper emulator for that system.
Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:23 am
I suggest you the Nestopia emulator: in my opinion, it's the best for playing NES roms, and supports 7-zip files with more than 1 compressed game =) .
Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:55 am
Ron_Stard wrote
I suggest you the Nestopia emulator: at my opinion, it's the best for playing NES roms, and supports 7-zip files with more than 1 compressed game =) .

I second that. That's the one I use.
Post Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:51 am
I didnt even know meka can emulate the nes kind of funny that i does
Benny Hill
Post Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:25 pm
Oh, I wont bother getting my registry a little bit dirty with a NES emulator just for two or three games. Meka is an amazing emulator that does 99.9% of what I need.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!