Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Promocao Especial M.System III Compact (SMS/BR) / Cartucho Ponto De Venda

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Promocao Especial M.System III Compact (SMS/BR) / Cartucho Ponto De Venda
Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:27 pm
Last edited by Bock on Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Release 488:
http://www.smspower.org/db/sms-promocao_especial_msystem_III_compact-br.shtml

Better enjoy that piece of art (!), as I paid heaps for it. :)
Take care.
Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:09 pm
I've never heard of that cart before.
It's nice to see that price, because it might be pre-94, because in July-94, Brazil changed its currency, adopting the actual R$(Real), instead of Cruzeiro Real(Cr$).

Anyway, nice find and I hope you didn't go bankrupt for that :-p
Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:05 am
This was made for Christmas '92. I remember seeing it in one of those deceased Mesbla stores.

The curious thing for me is that my father had bought my SMS3 Compact for me a couple of months earlier for approximately Cr$ 1.200.000,00. Which means we had more than 40% inflation in less than two months!
  • Site Admin
Cartucho Ponto De Venda
Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:15 pm
Extra info from https://www.instagram.com/p/CxNk1sDObMt

@sega_club "Em 30/11/92 a Tectoy enviou aos grandes lojistas um cartucho único de Master System, desenvolvido por ela mesma sob a supervisão de Vivian Rosso, se vc abrir um cartucho deste, irá ver o nome Vivi escrito à mão em uma etiqueta colada na eprom do cartucho, o mesmo nem label tinha, contava com apenas 2 telas e trilha sonora de Sonic 2, falando de uma Super Promoção e o lançamento do novo jogo da franquia. #tectoy #mastersystem #1992 #sonic #8bit #merchandise"

Translate to ~ "On 30/11/92, Tectoy sent large shopkeepers a unique cartridge of Master System, developed by itself under the supervision of Vivian Rosso, if you open a cartridge from this, you will see the name Vivi handwritten on a label glued to the eprom of the cartridge, the same as the label had, counted only 2 screens and Sonic 2 soundtrack, talking about a Super Promotion and the release of the new game from the franchise."

The side of inlay says "Cartucho Ponto De Venda" so I guess that would makes it a more official name.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:34 pm
Last edited by andre.alvs on Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
At the risk of sounding pretentious, allow me to offer a non-machine translation in case you want to add it to the cart DB page. This is not a straight up 1:1 translation but I hope it conveys the content more accurately. That said, feedback from other portuguese speakers is welcome.

On November 30th, 1992 Tectoy sent to retail chain stores a unique cartridge developed by Tectoy themselves, under the supervision of Vivian Rosso. Inside these cartridges you can find "Vivi's" name handwritten on a sticker attached to the EPROM chip. The cartridge itself did not carry a red/blue label.

The game program only had two screens that played the Sonic 2 soundtrack and advertised a limited special promotion on the Master System III Compact, as well as the release of a new installment of the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise.
Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:19 pm
Your translation looks great. Wondering where the release date (November 11th) came from though.

andre.alvs wrote
At the risk of sounding pretentious, allow me to offer a non-machine translation in case you want to add it to the cart DB page. This is not a straight up 1:1 translation but I hope it conveys the content more accurately. That said, feedback from other portuguese speakers is welcome.

On November 11th, 1992 Tectoy sent to retail chain stores a unique cartridge developed by Tectoy themselves, under the supervision of Vivian Rosso. Inside these cartridges you can find "Vivi's" name handwritten on a sticker attached to the EPROM chip. The cartridge itself did not carry a red/blue label.

The game program only had two screens that played the Sonic 2 soundtrack and advertised a limited special promotion on the Master System III Compact, as well as the release of a new installment of the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise.
Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:35 pm
My bad, it's fixed now. Thanks for pointing it out!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!