Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [Hack competition 2020] Tower of Sorrow by Steiger

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
[Hack competition 2020] Tower of Sorrow by Steiger
Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:02 pm
https://www.smspower.org/Hacks/AlexKiddInMiracleWorld-SMS-TowerOfSorrow-Mod

Nobody knows the place, nobody knows the time, a ghastly beast lived in a tall tower near a village. Terrified of the beast’s wrath, the villagers gave up their crops to appease it. But a time came when harvest was not plentiful and so the offerings not as generous as before. Offended, the beast ravaged the village wreaking havoc everywhere, and, as a final act of revenge, attacked one cottage and kidnapped the inhabitant’s beloved. Knocked out by the beast, the man came to after a while and, enlisting the help of an old man, found the entrance to the tower and set out to snatch his love from the beast’s claws.

Great!
Post Posted: Today at 4:57 pm
Ummm...

this game is great!

It lacks music, but the nice sound effects makes me remember the old retro 8 bit amstrad platformer games.

It is a nice adventure, with balanced platforming concepts and the new enemies are a appearing in a regular basis, in a fair experience.

The infinite lives is a nice thing, also. It keeps the player playing.

Where will be the end? I was playing it but a nasty bug stopped me... see the image, what it happens is that the player does not die falling in a well and cannot exit jumping.

I am going to try it another time, saving states between stages with emulicious, the castlevania like plot and ambient will keep me playing this afternoon up to the end.

Great!
TowerOfSorrow-1.png (3.43 KB)
Bug
TowerOfSorrow-1.png

Post Posted: Today at 5:12 pm
Ummm....

Please add new levels!
Post Posted: Today at 5:39 pm
eruiz00 wrote
Ummm...

this game is great!

It lacks music, but the nice sound effects makes me remember the old retro 8 bit amstrad platformer games.

It is a nice adventure, with balanced platforming concepts and the new enemies are a appearing in a regular basis, in a fair experience.

The infinite lives is a nice thing, also. It keeps the player playing.

Where will be the end? I was playing it but a nasty bug stopped me... see the image, what it happens is that the player does not die falling in a well and cannot exit jumping.

I am going to try it another time, saving states between stages with emulicious, the castlevania like plot and ambient will keep me playing this afternoon up to the end.

Great!

Thanks for feedback, yes if you saw map on pause you will see there will be more levels, i desing them but didint have enough time to add.

Here is Attachment with fix that pits in last demo level

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!