Game for Master System
This is a clone of the solitaire game within Shenzhen I/O.
There are three types of card:
- Number card - Get these up into the top-right three slots.
- In the main playing area, numbered cards stack in alternating colours with decreasing value
- In the top-right, numbered cards stack in the same colour with increasing value starting at '1'
- A single card can be temporarily stored in each of the top-left three slots (if unused)
- Dragon cards (claws, paws, & hoofs) - Get these up into the top-left three slots
- Dragon cards cannot be placed on any other card, even another dragon card of the same kind
- A single dragon card can be temporarily stored in each of the top-left three slots (if unused)
- If four of a single kind are at the top of their stacks, a button can move all four into one of the top-left three slots (if a slot is free, or already contains a card of the same kind)
- Snep card (flower card in the original game)
- This is a 'free' card, it can be moved to the top-middle slot
- Artwork is TODO, currently a gray 'tail'
You win when all cards have been moved to the top.
- Move the cursor to select a different card / slot / button
- Button 1 (when holding cards)
- Place the cards currently held.
- Button 1 (when not holding cards)
- Pick up the cards or press the dragon button under the cursor.
- Button 2 (when holding cards)
- Return the cards back to where they were picked up from.
- Button 2 (when not holding cards)
- Auto-move the card under the cursor to one of the top-right slots if possible.
Work still to do:
- Title screen
- Card artwork improvements
- Options (change background colour, cursor design, etc)
- Sound effects
- Bug fix - Disable button 2 on the dragon buttons. Bug fix - Exclude off-screen sprites from the sprite list.
- When first starting, a card-based menu is now shown.The background colour scheme can be changed. The mouse cursor can be changed.
- Animation for winning, dragon buttons. RNG improvement.
- Animation when auto-placing cards with button 2 + code tidyup
- Fixup for real H/W + Animation for dealing, cancelling
- Initial release