During the Sega logo, press five times. A sound will confirm the code and the message
Excellent will appears at the title screen.
Rename all characters
To rename the Cypress's prince, confirm the name of the main character with +. To rename other characters of the game, confirm the name of the Cypress's prince with +.
Mime show ticket
During the fifth battle, search the well next to the house to find the ticket. This will give you access to see the Mime Show at the end of the game.
- At battle 18, search the wall in front of your main character when the battle starts.
- At battle 21, search the stone pillar in front of the starting point.
First, finish the game. Now, when you start or restart a game, hold + when the narrator says the last words to access the Sound Test.
To enable the sound test without actually having to finish the game, edit save memory location 1B0F and set it to 3. You will be able to access the sound test as if you had completed the game normally.
At the Sega logo, press . If done right, you'll hear a "Whoosh". Now, pick a new or saved game, and before starting, you'll be presented with a debug menu with several options.
- Option 0: End
- Exits debug mode and starts gameplay. Pressing 1 will also exit debug mode.
- Option 1: Group Selection
- Any unrecruited characters will appear on a menu similar to the Change menu in game. Pressing when the cursor is over a unit will add them to the party. If all characters have been recruited, selecting this option has no effect.
- Option 2: Battle Selection
- Selects what battle the player is currently on. Ranges from 1-24.
- Option 3: Level Selection
- Allows the player to increase the level of their characters. Unpromoted characters cannot have their level raised past 20, but promoted characters can have their level increased all the way to level 99.
- Option 4: Cancel Event
- Cancels any cutscenes that would take place before a battle begins, placing the player directly in combat.
- Option 5: Test Mode
- Option 6: Enemy Investigation
- Option 7: Back Mode
- Option 8: Game Clear
- Makes the game think you already beat the last boss.
- Option 9: Wealthy
- Grants the player 500,000 gold, allowing them to purchase even the most expensive items in the game with ease.
- Option 10: Reset
- Option 11: Save
- Option 12: Mime Mime
- Launches the Mime Theatre sequence that plays at the end of the game.
- Option 13: Sound Test
- Ranges from 0-87. This includes more than the normal Sound Test.
- Option 14: Game Progress
- Ranges from 0-2. Function unknown.
See the main page for Shining Force Gaiden II ~Jashin no Mezame~ (シャイニング・フォース外伝ＩＩ ～邪神の覚醒～) / Shining Force - The Sword of Hajya