SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - GameGear running in SMS

Reply to topic
GameGear running in SMS
Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:25 am
Hi, Sorry for my english guys.

Somebody now is trying hack GP rider for game gear to run in a sms without glitches? I could love run this game in my sms, a great ensanchament of hang on for the sega master system.

At least somebody can tell if this game has a chance of be ported to the master system? So at least I could keep a hope for play this game in my sms some day :)

I checked the great Chris Covell´s hacks as power strike II and others games. Even more, I email him asking for a hack for GP rider GG but he answer me that he has not interest in convert GG games in the near future :(

(My knowlege about hacking is zero. Im newbie in development and the best thing that I did are only some simple demos for the sms)

Thanks
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:03 am
Basically, for a (relatively) easy hack, you want to look in the tilemap window in Meka and see something that fills it. That means it's just a matter of hacking the Start button, palettes, stereo audio and a few other things. If it doesn't fill that window then you will need to hack almost everything about the game engine.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:36 am
You realize that there is a SMS version of GP Rider already, right?
Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:58 am
Yes Bock, I know that GP rider exists for sms but is a very different game respect to the GG version of GP rider, the game gear version looks more as an enhanced version of hang on and the sms version plays as one player vs other player or versus cpu with splitt screen all the time ;)

Well, I checked the tilemap as Maxim said and fill it the tile map screen in the case of GG GP Rider so I suposse there is a hope for a (relatively easy) hack, at least the possibility exists.

Maybe some day some one will do :)

Thanks guys.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!