Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Something wonderful was supposed to happen... OR Wonderboy In Monsterland

Reply to topic
Something wonderful was supposed to happen... OR Wonderboy In Monsterland
Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:24 pm
Hey gang, how's it going? I know I haven't posted here in ages, but here I am, anyway. Thought this might be an interesting topic...

Last week, I finally found a cart of Wonderboy in Monsterland!! Got it for $5 from this shop in town... great shop. Anyway, I'd been playing it emulated for a while, and trying to activate a certain 'cheat' that I know of, but couldn't get it to work. When I was younger, I used to be able to get it to work. I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere on the net, but I'm sure I didn't just dream this wonderful, wonderful cheat...

I think it's Round 4... the town where you see those bloody red rats for the first time... you go past all the buildings where the water is, jump up onto a cloud and jump onto the roof of the right most building. (I think you need winged boots to do it). Then, I think it was as you come down on the roof, the screen flashes once, really quickly, and the words, "Something wonderful has happened!" appear - and indeed, something wonderful DOES happen - you have your maximum health capacity: all 10 hearts are there, all filled up and ready for you to go kill that dragon...

But I can't get it to work! =( I think it's something to do with you have to do it BEFORE you go and visit Catherine or something, I'm not sure.

Has anybody else ever heard of this cheat?? I swear, I'm not making it up, I think you could do it in the Commodore 64 version, too... anyone??

PS You know John Mayer's song, Your Body Is A Wonderland? Me and my house mate like to sing, "Wonderboy in monsterland..." hehe...
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:22 pm
The ROM has all of its text stored as lowercase ASCII, so it's easy to check on the text... and while it has "something" and "wonderful" in there, they're only part of other text. You can look through the text to see if it was something else, but I'd be very surprised if it was there and stored any differently.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!