Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Light phaser help!!!

Reply to topic
kobsie
Light phaser help!!!
Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:23 pm
Hello

I just got a light phaser, but I cant get it to work. When I pull the trigger in rescue mission the screen start blinking, but thats all. When i aim at a enemy he don´t die or enything. I tried laser ghost as well, but it´s the same problem, when I´m moving the gun the crooshair don´t follow, it just centering at the middle of the screen. Can enybody help me...?

...I tried to adjust the brightness of the tv and so on but it don´t seem to work at all.

Maybe somebody now a homepage where i can find a guide about the problem?

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:41 am
moving the gun the crooshair don´t follow, it just centering at the middle of the screen. Can enybody help me...?

...I tried to adjust the brightness of the tv and so on but it don´t seem to work at all.

If the crosshair doesn't move then the light phaser isn't tracking the screen position properly. The light sensing part could be broken, though I don't know what could be used as a replacement for repair.

As you mentioned increasing the brightness helps, you may also want to try putting the light phaser very close to the screen to see if it works at all (e.g. crank the brightness up and put the phaser 1-2 inches away from the screen, the crosshair should follow it)

I would try using another monitor if you have one (well, CRT only, the light phaser doesn't work with other types of displays)

If you have a game that supports the light phaser in the second joystick port, it might be worth trying to see if there's something wrong with the first port.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!