Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [PCM Voice Pack] Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S (GG)

Reply to topic
[PCM Voice Pack] Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S (GG)
Post Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:54 pm
Two tracks. Easy to work on. Slightly different sample rates for each. I thought one or two of the samples might have been compressed, since only Moon Cosmic Power!... shows up when converting the whole rom as recognizable wave pattern. Both samples have a semi recognizable hex pattern. The In the Name of the Moon!.... sample shows up if you convert just the bank, so it might be a good idea to convert banks individually since psg wave data doesn't cross over into other banks. It might be worth splitting up in the future.. Would be nice to get the batch mode working... I may have to work a bit more on my own tool.

Each sample takes almost an entire bank on its own. 3114, 3454 bytes long.

I was hoping this would give me a chance to look up how audio is decompressed, but nope..the sound test links to a table with three entries, two being the same. Orginally I guessed maybe one sample was uncompressed for easy access and the others weren't.

Is there a reason why the wave converter might not put out aurally recognizable wave patterns? Even if it were offset, my naive imagination wonders that some part of the wave should be recognizable, not that it all sounds like noise..

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S In the name of the Moon! 8204532 12564 653.0191022 NTSC 5481 2AD2 10962 7CD96 3114
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S Moon Cosmic Power! 8399467 13396 627.0130636 NTSC 5708 2C98 11416 38B27 3454

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:04 pm
I see them both, one half way and one at the end.

A bank is 16384 bytes, so they aren't that big. Data could span banks but only if a game was using really long samples.
Capture.PNG (49.49 KB)
Capture.PNG

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:18 am
Interesting Conundrum. This is what mine looks like. It's not just lack of visual confirmation. Playing through the whole rom-wave conversion only results in one aurally recognizable artifact. The rest sounds like noise.

Pretty sure my filters are set to none. Maybe there's a setting causing issues?
Clipboard.png (3.13 KB)
Clipboard.png

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:02 am
Looks like you only have half, check your settings. My first tool had a 256KB default cutoff, the checkbox on the second version should work better.
Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:19 am
Ahh..yes. You are right. I ignored that number thinking all files seemed to be toping up at twice their length. Never occured to me that might not be right. The new tool does a great job.

Good thing I focused on getting a few sets done rather than surveying the entire set as I originally planned.

Thanks
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!