Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Technical question about the Telegames DINA

Reply to topic
Technical question about the Telegames DINA
Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 3:26 am
First off hello to all here. I have been a long time browser of the site and first time poster.

I recently picked up on a spur of a moment a Telegames Personal Arcade/DINA clone console as I wanted to get into the SG1000 library. I had known about the console for a while, but only after purchasing one did I dive in deeper to its hardware info, and have been reading multiple statements that some of the models had a hardware flaw where they would take in too much power when used for long periods of time and the main board could be damaged because of this.

Since info seems to be hard to find, thought I would check in here. My main questions being, is there a way to tell if my system has this defect remedied?(external or internal indications, serial number) Is the potential damage to the system a relatively easy repair like a capacitor replacement or will it really fry the console if it happens? Are there any modifications I can make to the internals to prevent this, or a power supply alternative that will fix this? Or were the majority of these defective units recalled long ago and odds of running into one in the wild low?

Any info I could acquire would be greatly appreciated!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!