Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Is there any way to treat the jp bios attract mode like a normal rom?

Reply to topic
Is there any way to treat the jp bios attract mode like a normal rom?
Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:14 pm
Hi!
I'm curious as to how i can make the glorious jp sms attract mode run on my modded pal-b model! i guess just running the .sms files from my master everdrive won't work? would you guys think it's simple to hack the source to make it be treated as a 'normal' rom? i really want to have this playing on my system now. it gives me a great feeling of "now you arrived in the future" hahaha! thanks in advance for suggestions!

edit:
when i say 'simple' i mean if it's merely a thing of deleting 10 lines and adding 1 - i could certainly not do much more right now myself ; ) can LD and ADD and SBC some things but that's about it for the moment! i'm an honest to sega person wow
Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:23 pm
Klangfarbe wrote
Hi!
I'm curious as to how i can make the glorious jp sms attract mode run on my modded pal-b model! i guess just running the .sms files from my master everdrive won't work? would you guys think it's simple to hack the source to make it be treated as a 'normal' rom? i really want to have this playing on my system now. it gives me a great feeling of "now you arrived in the future" hahaha! thanks in advance for suggestions!

edit:
when i say 'simple' i mean if it's merely a thing of deleting 10 lines and adding 1 - i could certainly not do much more right now myself ; ) can LD and ADD and SBC some things but that's about it for the moment! i'm an honest to sega person wow

What you mean by 'normal'? Like a game, or as a replacment BIOS? If it's like a BIOS, I guess you need to write it to a custom ROM and solder it into the console, but probably it won't work.
Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:32 pm
oi! i mean like a game =))
Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:48 pm
Klangfarbe wrote
oi! i mean like a game =))

Did you tried it? I think it IS treated like a normal ROM (or game), at least on an emulator it is (I don't have a flashcart to test it on a Master System), if it doesn't, then it could be your dump or the cart don't support it.
Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:57 pm
Yes i tried it both on emulator and hardware and it doesn't work on the latter.. xD i tried three different roms and noone worked! maybe it's the everdrive that can't process it =X i have region and 50/60HZ switches but it didn't load even in jp mode.. guess i need to fiddle around more and maybe ask krikzz
Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:08 pm
Klangfarbe wrote
Yes i tried it both on emulator and hardware and it doesn't work on the latter.. xD i tried three different roms and noone worked! maybe it's the everdrive that can't process it =X i have region and 50/60HZ switches but it didn't load even in jp mode.. guess i need to fiddle around more and maybe ask krikzz

Are you looking for a patch like this?
MPR11124.ips (16 B)

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:20 pm
Calindro wrote
Are you looking for a patch like this?

Thank You so much Calindro, yes! Hooray :D
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!