Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Batter Up Event Triggering

Reply to topic
Batter Up Event Triggering
Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:43 pm
I was heard of the Bock's request in Batter Up/Gear Stadium VGM Pack topic about the Omake Screenshot, this topic covers in how to getting some strange things in Batter Up (and Gear Stadium and the GS Heiseiban Edition).

"But Ban in Japanese already means Edition..."

Anyone that was read the Batter Up VGM Pack, was able to see a screenshot with a cheerleader tired, with something in Hiragana (probaly some nasty thing that Otakus can understand). But, how I found this screen??? Simple. In search of a kind of Custom Sound Engine in Batter Up (Galaga 2/Galaga '91 has a memory hack!), I was found a kind of "Event-in-game" trigger. Using the Memory Editor on Meka (probaly on Meka 0.72, but I use Meka 0.73, of course ;-D), look at RAM tab (is nearly close of ROM and VRAM tab), and look at the C080 address. And, go to C089 in the window. Don't modify the 07 value at C088 (crashes, freezes, random things occurs). If you put another value higher than 01 at C089, you modify a event. For a example, 01, is Title Screen. 00 don't show anything, but I think that is the Namco's message (Namco for Sega Game Gear, licensed by Sega). Now, I tell you the values that occurs in game:

00-nothing (probaly Namco message, see above);
01-Title Screen;
02-You go to a game play, with a batter for G Team (or Yomiuri Giants in GS Heiseiban) with all of stats with 0's (only Home Run counter is filled, with 55) and a Pitcher for L Team (or Seibu Lions on GS Heiseiban) with all of states with 0's, again. You can see a funny thing: The pitcher try to throw a ball and the ball never moves!;
03-You go to the field, but is always foul and go with the main screen with batter and pitcher, but has the tiles mixed up;
04-You go to the Sports News screen, and is always is Game Over;
05-You go to Score screen (that change the sides);
06-Oh man, I think that is ending;
07-The cheerleader girl tired screenshot;
08-Most common error message on Gear-to-Gear games: Error (the cable has pulled off :-p);
09-You go to Sound Test;
0A-Reset;
0B-Freeze or crash (most times, freeze);

Another values can do the same thing starting at 0A.

And another Event Trigger, at C08A:

00-Plays the Title Scrren music (but goes to a screwed up Title Screen!);
01-Nothing;
02-Wait some seconds and you go to the Team Select screen;
03 & 04-Freeze;
05-Team Select screen (direct);
06-Nothing;
07-Innings selection;
08-Freeze, again;
09-Field Select Screen;
0A-Nothing;
0B-Freeze Time!;
0C-Pitcher Selection;
0D-Pitcher Selection;
0E-Freeze, Freeze, Let's Freeze!;
0F-Go to a game;
10-Go to a game;

Another values can crash or freeze the game.

If you don't understand, now is the tutorial by screenshot time (check above)!

So, happy hacking time (not Have Fun! time, because don't have any VGM Pack here, right?)!
BatterUpEvent.png (88.19 KB)
BatterUpEvent.png

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!