Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Shinobi Remake

Reply to topic
Shinobi Remake
Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:12 pm
When I get the games factory 2 registered, i could make a Shinobi Remake, with more levels than the original., but i'll let go of the bonus stages.
d123456
yes
Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:23 pm
I have no idea (just a clue) what you're talking about, but I'm waiting for a Shinobi hack or remake for years.
I'm in. what do you need?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:39 am
First, my Shinobi remake will be based on a sprite comic I'm making, namely Akuma and Kabuto: Interdimensional Ninjas, so I can just make my own character sprites. Second, all i'll really need for the engine is The Games Factory 2, so don't expect to see this for the Master System.
d123456
regardless
Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:38 am
Regardless, I love Shinobi, please keep us updated.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:59 am
It wont be based on A&K anymore. and i decided to add point-and-click bonus stages. it will be based on Joe Musashi's roots, as told by my avatar, Aqua the Hedgehog.
Update
Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:14 pm
I've decided to just release it as a Games Factory 2 file for now, so you'll need to download the Games Factory 2 from clickteam.com to play it. I haven't started yet.
Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:37 pm
Any screen shots available?
Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:44 pm
i said i havnt started yet. All it is now is just a concept to build on.
Update
Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:13 pm
I'm using Game maker now, and platformers are hard to make in Game Maker w/o paths, but I could remake those 3-D Bonus Staages using depth, and I don't have to use just MIDI's. What I'm sayin here is that I can use MP3's, So I can add some Guitar Rock music. I might even add a couple of rap songs for the endings. Also, I decided to base it on my comic called Guardians of the Realm.
Update
Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:46 am
I got a tutorial on how to make platformers in game maker, so it shouldn't work out too bad if I can get the glitch with the Shruiken fixed, where it's always being thrown to the left, even when you don't want it to.
Update
Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:02 am
I decided to turn it into a Point-and-Click shooter, but I'll keep the other elements of the original Shinobi
PresidentLeever
Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:17 am
If youre doing this in GM ust dl a mega man engine, switch the sprites/music and then tweak the game mechanics into shinobi. point & click sucks, tbh.

Update: Explanation of Plot
Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:07 pm
That's possibly a better idea.

Here's the plot of the game so far:
In Tokyo, Japan: Year 2035, Ninja wars are going on. Every imaginable weapon is involved, from Katana swords to Morning Stars (Take a diamond shaped blade and weld it to a chain). This focuses around two Ninja clans: Yakuza and Zaibatsu. The main character is a former Yakuza Ninja who goes by the name Kage. The reason he left was not intention, but he was exiled for leaving in the middle of a fight with the Zaibatsu Ninjas. He saw a peice of aged paper near the battlefield, explaining a prophecy about five elemental scrolls known to have very potent power when put together. Alone, they could only summon a form of the designated element. as Kage was reading the prophecy, the fabric of Reality became unstable, and eventually ripped, causing three other universes to enter Kage's universe. And so Kage sets off to patch reality by finding the Elemental Scrolls.

Allright...Megaman engine: Check
Shinobi sprites: Check
Musics and sound: Halfway there.
EDIT: Musics and sound: Check!
PresidentLeever
Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:37 am
Hey, That was fast!
Sounds pretty cool, can't wait to play it.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:04 am
you'll probably need a multimedia player like Windows Media Player to play the music, because i'll use a little bit of MP3 music in this one, but I'll have some MIDI also.
Update: Experimenting with sprites
Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:55 pm
I'm experimenting to see what event groups will work best to not make the jumping look so cheesy.
Re: Update
Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:36 pm
aqua_hedgehog wrote
I decided to turn it into a Point-and-Click shooter, but I'll keep the other elements of the original Shinobi

Yes, pretty soon I will start on Shinobi IV. In this chapter you play chess. But it will be true to the original.
Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:45 pm
How about posting when you actually do something?
Re: Update: Experimenting with sprites
Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:53 pm
aqua_hedgehog wrote
I'm experimenting to see what event groups will work best to not make the jumping look so cheesy.

The jumping sprites won't work without the player "walking on air", So I just might ditch the jumping sprites all together, I don't know yet.
Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:30 am
D wrote
aqua_hedgehog wrote

Yes, pretty soon I will start on Shinobi IV. In this chapter you play chess. But it will be true to the original.

I'm not happy with the direction Sega is taking Sonic, so I decided to retcon everything after 3 and make Sonic the Hedgehog 4, where you have to go to the grocers and find the ingredients to bake a cake for Tails' birthday.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:51 pm
TheRedEye wrote

I'm not happy with the direction Sega is taking Sonic, so I decided to retcon everything after 3 and make Sonic the Hedgehog 4, where you have to go to the grocers and find the ingredients to bake a cake for Tails' birthday.

Please keep smartass comments out this thread so we can reserve it for serious discussion.

So I'm thinking of making the next Alex Kidd game a high school dating sim. The question is: hentai or non-hentai?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:21 pm
Considering the randomness of Sega's Alex Kidd franchise, I think nobody would notice anything untoward.

so anyway my kenseiden-based fishing simulator is coming along great ive spent at least 10 minutes thinking about it (so it can't take much more than another hour to finish) im planning on drawing the graphics using xml and writing the code in vb ive never written vb code before (i know what xml is though its just a kind of hmtl) do you think that might be a problem/??????>?

[Edit: Removed capitalisation and punctuation, except where I added more. I think it's quite authentic, don't you think?]
Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:14 pm
Hey, why is everyone pestering a 15-year-old boy?

so anyway, i thought i woud program power strike 3. i found a cabel that conects betwen my game gear and the sound card on my pc. now i just need to find a program to program the game gear with the cabel. i think it has somethin to do with xml or vb. i heard that you make games with vb.
anyway i though that my power strike game would be called POWER STRIKE ULTIMATe and have dragonball figures and the last boss will be vegeeta.
Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:34 pm
idrougge wrote
Hey, why is everyone pestering a 15-year-old boy?
Because sometimes they're looking for that. This forum should be a civil place of discussion, and not his play area.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:00 pm
Sarcasm

Tom's head
Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:59 pm
Heliophobe wrote
Sarcasm

Tom's head

Guys give the poor man a fighting chance, hes only young, most of us would be older then him you never know he could be overwhelmed by all this stuff.

aqua_hedgehog, sometime I sent you a PM asking if you ever need any help with this don't hesitate to ask. How long is it till you release a demo version??
Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:06 pm
Jacko wrote
aqua_hedgehog, sometime I sent you a PM asking if you ever need any help with this don't hesitate to ask. How long is it till you release a demo version??

I'm still thinking about the Tokyo level, and I'm trying to fix the bug where the title music won't stop when transitioning to the menu. Otherwise, it's all good.
I got the engine online, and i'm going to strip the player object of its jumping and shooting sprites, as they don't work right. other than the cheesy graphics, the game should turn out good.
This game is going to be a mono-state game, like pokemon or those GBA/DS/PSP Sonic games (as seen in Sonic Rush.). The GOTR game is really going to be the first half of the story.
Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:42 am
Hey Folks :P

aqua_hedgehog I thought I would help you on your way to making this game. I have been kind enough to spend a few hours this arvo coming up with a game engine for your game, I called it the fantasy zone engine as I could not come up with a better name, it features all the character movement and everything you will need. When its open just press ESC to close it, press F4 to take it out of full screen mode too. please go to here for more indepth information on the engine.

Admins please do not remove this post, I am seriously helping out
Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:57 am
TheRedEye wrote

RedEye, that is the gayest storyline I've heard! Well, there's the plot for McKids for NES where this kid has to find Ronald McDonald's Magic Bag (a bag of hallucinogenic drugs), and the engine rips off Super Mario Bros. 3 for NES.
When I get done with GOTR, I'm gonna start on Golden Axe IV, because I havn't seen any Golden Axe games since after Golden Axe: The Duel. In G-AX IV (which is a continuation on GOTR), My OC, Kage, blew up the Zaibatsu HQ, but there's another problem going around: The universes split up, but their collision and fission left a mark, where wormholes are popping up everywhere, and Kage and Kain Blade (Golden Axe III/The Duel), must find the fragments of the Golden Axe, which was left in the Zaibatzu HQ at the time of the explosion, to close the wormholes. GAXIV could be a free-roaming beatemup engine (cross between Lord of the Sword and Double Dragon).
Admins please do not delete this, I'm being informative
Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:28 am
aqua_hedgehog wrote
TheRedEye wrote

RedEye, that is the gayest storyline I've heard! Well, there's the plot for McKids for NES where this kid has to find Ronald McDonald's Magic Bag (a bag of hallucinogenic drugs), and the engine rips off Super Mario Bros. 3 for NES.
When I get done with GOTR, I'm gonna start on Golden Axe IV, because I havn't seen any Golden Axe games since after Golden Axe: The Duel. In G-AX IV (which is a continuation on GOTR), My OC, Kage, blew up the Zaibatsu HQ, but there's another problem going around: The universes split up, but their collision and fission left a mark, where wormholes are popping up everywhere, and Kage and Kain Blade (Golden Axe III/The Duel), must find the fragments of the Golden Axe, which was left in the Zaibatzu HQ at the time of the explosion, to close the wormholes. GAXIV could be a free-roaming beatemup engine (cross between Lord of the Sword and Double Dragon).

You know aqua_hedgehog we can all read the small text, a bag of hallucinogenic drugs I just don't quite understand what your point is, please learn from that game I made for you. Incase you did not see it theres the link again http://adelaideconcertband.org.au/fantasyzone.html I urge you to please look at it, you may learn something from it. I am speaking for everyone here we are getting tired of your posts that don't mean anything, stick to your Shinobi game, take some time out and think about what you are doing. Also if your on drugs thats your choice (I can only assume this from your reference to them). If you have some serious stuff to add to this topic then add it, or else leave it alone. Now we all eagerly await your Shinobi game so stop fantasizing and make the darn thing! also seriously I will say agin if you need help JUST ASK!

Ok enough rant now back to life.
Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:00 am
Can't stop playing your Fantasy Zone game it pwnzorz :p
Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:37 am
albino_vulpix wrote
Can't stop playing your Fantasy Zone game it pwnzorz :p

lol I am glad you like it :P, I just had to do it I could not resist jumping on the band wagon with everyone else. I wonder when aqua_hedgehog will realize what a fool he has made of himself??
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:25 am
I was worried that you'd gone soft on us there, Jacko.
Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:32 pm
aqua_hedgehog wrote
TheRedEye wrote

You're right, I guess, I'm just no good at coming up with stories. Coming up with a killer plot is about 90% of game development, so you're almost done. If only there were more people out there with great ideas like you, I'd be more interested in modern games.

I might revisit my other game where Sonic has to collect seven pieces of his GWAR concert ticket that are spread around America, that one seemed promising.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:53 pm
TheRedEye wrote
Coming up with a killer plot is about 90% of game development

1. Killer plot
2. Tighten up the graphics on level 3
3. $$$
Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:28 pm
This is pure comedy.
Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:38 pm
Heliophobe wrote
I was worried that you'd gone soft on us there, Jacko.

What made you think that, I though of going soft for a moment but then I though wait a sec this guy really is well umm, not fully there.

Any other comedians who wish to contribute please do, I would love to see some of Bocks humor shine through here :P
GAMAR
Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:10 am
TheRedEye wrote
I might revisit my other game where Sonic has to collect seven pieces of his GWAR concert ticket that are spread around America, that one seemed promising.

Didn't they already do that for a Beavis and Butthead game?
Anyways, Sonic is Japanese, GWAR is American. I don't think they would fit very well together. At least it's better than that birthday cake one.
I just forgot to log in as aqua_hedgehog if you're wondering why I'm a guest.

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:20 am
You only see what you want to see, don't you?
Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:28 am
Heliophobe wrote
You only see what you want to see, don't you?

Give me Strength Heliophobe, the bloke aint even noticed the stuff I did, not a single peep, word or anything for that matter, this bloke is either to scared to say something or hes so far into the drugs his life is totally screwed anyway.

Maybe the whole time machine was caused from watching too much Dr. Who when he was in his primate stages (you are a monkey aren't you aqua_hedgehog?). Take a hint: The tardis is not real, its a fictional part of Dr. Who and if someone invented one I would be seriously worried. Perhaps you need to slow down, read and then look at The Beginner's Guide to the TARDIS to learn how time machines work.

Do I need to make you another game aqua_hedgehog?
Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:31 am
Last edited by aqua_hedgehog on Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Nah, I can make it myself.
Besides the point, I know I'm making a fool out of myself by announcing all those little bits that I'm doing on the game without releasing the game to the public, so the game will be cancelled.
Maxim, lock this thread.
Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:41 am
TheRedEye wrote

How is this any different from Alex Kidd in High-Tech World?
Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:51 am
There is no technical way that finding a GWAR ticket is different from Alex Kidd in HighTech World's plot, except that Alex Kidd was trying to find a map to an arcade.
Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:03 am
Jacko wrote

Guys give the poor man a fighting chance, hes only young, most of us would be older then him you never know he could be overwhelmed by all this stuff.

I cancelled the project in place of a light-gun style shooting game about renegade Marios that are invading the planet GameStar Mark-III, which is the result of the collision of Alex Kidd, Quartet, Shinobi, WonderBoy, and Sonic's worlds. The reason that the Marios are even here is because Eggman, GoldenSilver (Gunstar Heroes), and the Vampire Dragon cloned them. Now Bock (the one from WonderBoy) gets training for the use of guns. Now, Bock will set out to kill the Mario clones and destroy the source.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!