Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Great Ice Hockey Jap auction with instructions!

Reply to topic
Great Ice Hockey Jap auction with instructions!
Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:04 pm
http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m42201139

I discovered it 1 hour before the end, it was 81000 en, I didn't want to bid on it, too much since i only miss the Great ice hockey instructions...it eneded at 130k :)
Sinbad
Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:36 pm
Adol you are like plugging this game aren't you? Is it the same as the regular version which uses the sports pad? If it is, it's a bloody awful game and it's unuseable with the crappy sports pad.

I think you'd have to be a die-hard Sega collector to want this. Personally I'd prefer to buy Smurfs 2 or Mahjong before thinking about bidding.

If only 1,000 were ever made I guess you can call the game **rare**, but I think it would have been better if Sega hadn't have bothered. What a crap price to win in a competition, I'd rather win a My Little Pony action figure than this.

No quibbles with you Adol, hope you sell it and make loads of money, I just don't like any sports pad game......or the sports pad infact.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:43 pm
Well that same arguement can apply to mahjong too. Why buy the euro style one when you can just buy the £10 Japanese release, its exactly the same game. Infact you could say mahjong is even worse, at least the Great Ice Hockey is playable without having to understand Japanese.
Sinbad
Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:14 pm
I see your point but remember you need to shell out for a Mark III/ Jap Master System to play Great Ice Hockey on if you don't already have one.

On the other hand you can get Mahjong for the US/European Master System for about £40 or so if you have the right contacts in Hong Kong. If you really want Great Ice Hockey but it from the States with the sports pad and all that plus the Mahjong will cost you less than just being this **rare cart only** and you don't even need the Japanese system to play them on!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:40 pm
The game is crap yes, but that's not the point. Chibi Maruko Chan Deluxe Quiz on Neo Geo AES is crap too, and it's worth $1500. and what if I bought it for $70 in 1998.

I posted it because Bock, as I am, is a Mark 3 collector, and that's the first time in 8 years I saw an auction with the instructions. that was just interesting.

Nobody made much ado about nothing when there was the Pachinko auction etc..That's just interesting to see.
Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:12 pm
Adol wrote
The game is crap yes, but that's not the point. Chibi Maruko Chan Deluxe Quiz on Neo Geo AES is crap too, and it's worth $1500. and what if I bought it for $70 in 1998.

If I put my excrements in an AES cart, it's worth 1 500 dollars?
Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:26 am
That's a clever answer.
mattmess
Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:54 am
Hey Adol, send all this guys to @#$¨%#...

You are right all the time. If you think it is a good idea to have the game in your collection, so it is. And, personally, I would love to play this game in my mark III (if I have a mark III).

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:44 pm
mattmess wrote
And, personally, I would love to play this game in my mark III (if I have a mark III).

You could play it much cheaper on your Master System.
Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:38 am
And you can play Mah-jong much cheaper on your Mark III....Is it getting somewhere???
Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:45 pm
I think my point is: Don't waste your money for some cardboard or bad games.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!