Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Need Japanese Sega Master System Scart RGB pinout

Reply to topic
Need Japanese Sega Master System Scart RGB pinout
Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:27 pm
Hi guys! I just found myself the rarer japanese Sega master system and wanted to plug it in my tv using a scart cable. I tried using a spare US Master system scart cable I had, I only get music ( Mmm that FM sound!) and blank screens. The screen is always in the color of the background (example black for the bios boot screen with Space Harrier theme, blue when I insert Star Jacker). So I figure the problem is probably in the cable. I looked up online to no avail and only a guy that made them saying there are no components inside. I decided to use my spare US cable to make it work on my system, so I opened it up and removed the capacitors on the green red and blue wires, but still nothing different. Does anyone have a diagram of some sort or know to make it work?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:14 pm
It's the same pinouts, I think there's something wrong with your Master System. If the cable was wrong, you wouldn't get the solid coloured screen.
Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:20 pm
Yep, there most definitely was something wrong with it! I quickly tracked it down to a faulty VDP chip. I took the 315-5124 chip out and replaced it with another from a US parts board and got it up running super nice! :D
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!