Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Master System cartridge and card dimensions?

Reply to topic
Master System cartridge and card dimensions?
Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:17 am
Does anyone have the dimensions (height x width x depth) of the following media for the master system

- US/ EU Cartridge (i assume these are the same size)

- Jap Cartridge

- Sega Card
Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:40 am
BIG D wrote
Does anyone have the dimensions (height x width x depth) of the following media for the master system

- Jap Cartridge

- Sega Card

All dimensions below were measured using a digital caliper across the broadest point (e.g. JP cartridge "ridges") and rounded to the nearest 0.1mm; none of these objects are actually completely rectilinear. Only the Sega Card/MyCard has any cross sections that closely approximate rectangular.

- US/ EU Cartridge (yes, these are the same size)
69.3mm tall × 109.1mm wide × 16.9mm deep

- JP Cartridge (I don't have any TW, KR, or non-JP SG-1000 cartridges to compare, but it's possible they are all the same size)
107.1mm tall × 84.3mm wide × 21.1mm deep

- Sega Card/MyCard (these are also the same size)
85.5mm tall × 54.0mm wide × 2.0mm thick
Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:15 am
bsittler wrote
BIG D wrote

- Jap Cartridge

- Sega Card

All dimensions below were measured using a digital caliper across the broadest point (e.g. JP cartridge "ridges") and rounded to the nearest 0.1mm; none of these objects are actually completely rectilinear. Only the Sega Card/MyCard has any cross sections that closely approximate rectangular.

- JP Cartridge (I don't have any TW, KR, or non-JP SG-1000 cartridges to compare, but it's possible they are all the same size)

Thanks heaps thats fantastic!!!
This might be asking a bit much but are you able to measure the boxes as well?
Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:23 am
BIG D wrote
bsittler wrote
BIG D wrote

- Jap Cartridge

- Sega Card

Sorry, somebody else with a more complete collection will need to measure those — while I do have some of the original boxes for US, EU and JP cartridge releases, they aren't in great shape (in many cases JP cardboard boxes are distorted/wrinkled, and US/EU boxes partly crushed) and they also vary significantly in original manufacturing dimensions, and the US/EU boxes are also too tall for my caliper. I think I might not have complete original packaging for any original card release, either!
Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:30 am
bsittler wrote
BIG D wrote
bsittler wrote
BIG D wrote

- Jap Cartridge

- Sega Card

Sorry, somebody else with a more complete collection will need to measure those — while I do have some of the original boxes for US, EU and JP cartridge releases, they aren't in great shape (in many cases JP cardboard boxes are distorted/wrinkled, and US/EU boxes partly crushed) and they also vary significantly in original manufacturing dimensions, and the US/EU boxes are also too tall for my caliper. I think I might not have complete original packaging for any original card release, either!

Thanks anyway you did heaps!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!