SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Games with serious story/music

Reply to topic
Games with serious story/music
Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:08 pm
Hi,

I was searching which Master System/Game Gear games had a bigger and deeper serious story and soundtrack and more movie-like.
A game I take as example is Master of Darkness; sort of realistic color palette (!), realistic with right proportion sprites/backgrounds, general "sad" style and dramatic (imho one of the best) soundtracks (the Epitaph level soundtrack is awesome).
Any other you would suggest? Not specifically movie related (as Terminato vs.., Batman, etc).
Thank
Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:25 am
I suggest Kenseiden. It's got beautifully detailed backgrounds. You can choose your pathway through the various provinces of Japan and backtrack if you like. The soundtrack is incredible. And the ending is somewhat downbeat and ambiguous; not the typical "hooray for you, you've saved the world and now you're a great hero!" kind of ending.
Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:36 am
Spellcaster maybe?
Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:52 am
Centrale wrote
I suggest Kenseiden. It's got beautifully detailed backgrounds. You can choose your pathway through the various provinces of Japan and backtrack if you like. The soundtrack is incredible. And the ending is somewhat downbeat and ambiguous; not the typical "hooray for you, you've saved the world and now you're a great hero!" kind of ending.

Thank you, they both seems good games. I'll buy them with box and manuals.
Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:36 am
Nowadays it's easy to find games with awesome plots, but when I think of the 8- and 16-bit era, the first game that comes to mind is Chakan. It's available on Game Gear. The storyline makes me shiver.
Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:42 pm
In terms of something resembling an interesting plot, I'd recommend Danan: The Jungle Fighter, Assault City, Lord of the Sword, Ninja Gaiden, Psychic World, Zillion and dare I say it, Running Battle.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:21 pm
For some reason nobody has mentioned Phantasy Star. Many RPGs have a chance at a serious plot what with all the text, but PS has a pretty good one, including a few twists.
Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:30 pm
ian wrote
In terms of something resembling an interesting plot, I'd recommend Danan: The Jungle Fighter, Assault City, Lord of the Sword, Ninja Gaiden, Psychic World, Zillion and dare I say it, Running Battle.

I think to begin with it I'll look for Kenseiden, Chakan, Ninja Gaiden and Phantasy Star even if its price are quiet high.
Games I actually have boxed:

-Zillion
-Shadow Dancer
-Master of Darkness
-Wanted
-After Burner
-Ghostbuster

and some others without box.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!