SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Weird synchronization issue

Reply to topic
Weird synchronization issue
Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:31 am
Hi

I just got my old Master System out of the attic and tried to plug it on my TV. Unfortunately, it doesn't work, it seems to have a weird synchronization problem.

Check YouTube video with ID l8QENf1QULo

(Sorry, can't post links due to forum restriction)

It's a French SMS with no composite video output, no RF modulator but a 3085 "RGB adapter" and a SCART connector.

My TV is a French one, it supports PAL SECAM and NTSC.

I checked all the connections using an ohm-meter, everything looks OK. No damage on the circuit board and the flux. Capacitors look OK (no visible leak)

Did one of you already encountered this issue ? I saw a lot of videos showing synchronization problems but none showing this exact one (with good synchronization some times).
Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:25 pm
Your SCART cable has coupling capacitors inside?
I have one TV set (Sharp C2199B) with RGB input which gave me some trouble with c-sync signal and solved this just adding a 10uF capacitor on c-sync line.
Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:56 pm
The issue is not in the cable because I use the same one for my Megadrive and it works well. The issue is in my TV.

I bought a cheap SCART to HDMI scaler for 20 € on Amazon and it works fine. It's a bit more complicated to play the Master System because I have to plug/unplug some stuff instead of just swapping the Megadrive but it actually solved my problem.

Thanks for you help :)
Revo
Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:11 pm
For the same price you should of buy a real TV on leboncoin like a Sony Trinitron. HDTV are the worst for retro-gaming with real hardware.

I had a similar problem few days ago when trying a VHS player on a HDTV.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:13 pm
I still have my small 14" CRT TV but I prefer playing on a large screen but I don't have the room for a big CRT TV.

I don't play that much on my Master System actually, just like to play old games sometimes.

Maybe one day I'll get a Framemeister :p
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!