SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - First sexy select!

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
First sexy select!
Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:32 pm
Wasted lots of time today figuring out and installing phplib, and trying/learning with some PHP stuff.

Here is a first database SELECT:
http://wip.smspower.org/tests/test_select_utf-8.php

Should display two lines, one with english text and the other with Japanese text. UTF-8 seems not to be a problem with the DB storage. PhpMyAdmin display the Japanese text field as NCRs (all that &# number ; and hex ; stuff), suggesting that it is stored that way ? Later I will have to try performing research on Japanese data.

If all goes along well, a game listing may be shaping up in the following weeks.

And ah: I've found a job.
  • Site Admin
www sessions
Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:27 pm
> Wasted lots of time today figuring out and installing phplib, and trying/learning with some PHP stuff.

> Here is a first database SELECT:
> http://wip.smspower.org/tests/test_select_utf-8.php

There's still a little problem with session handling in phplib. phplib both support sessions through web browser cookies, and by passing parameters to URL. For some reason, on the first page retrieval, the user browser gets its URL modified with a session_id parameters. Subsequent page gets use the cookie. I'll look into it.

Does Japanese works well for those who tested?
  • Site Admin
Japenese Works Great! (nt)
Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:52 am
> Wasted lots of time today figuring out and installing phplib, and trying/learning with some PHP stuff.

> Here is a first database SELECT:
> http://wip.smspower.org/tests/test_select_utf-8.php

> Should display two lines, one with english text and the other with Japanese text. UTF-8 seems not to be a problem with the DB storage. PhpMyAdmin display the Japanese text field as NCRs (all that &# number ; and hex ; stuff), suggesting that it is stored that way ? Later I will have to try performing research on Japanese data.

> If all goes along well, a game listing may be shaping up in the following weeks.

> And ah: I've found a job.
Grass-eatin'me
Re: www sessions
Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:22 pm
> There's still a little problem with session handling in phplib. phplib both support sessions through web browser cookies, and by passing parameters to URL. For some reason, on the first page retrieval, the user browser gets its URL modified with a session_id parameters. Subsequent page gets use the cookie. I'll look into it.

Session variables are passed using HTTP POST variables, which is the prefered way of getting variables, those variables are not sent through the URL. If you send session_variabels + variables through the URL, the URL (HTTP GET) variables will get overwritten by the post variables.

> Does Japanese works well for those who tested?

Yes.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!