Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - How do you store your games?

Reply to topic
How do you store your games?
Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:21 am
Greetings!

This is a quick question for all readers of this excellent website and one that I hope many will respond to.

My question is as follows:

How do you personally store your games?

In other words, do you put them in acid-free zip lock bags calm? ...or do you put them in UV resistant transparent boxes? ...or do you wrap them in bubble wrap?

I am looking for input and feedback from dedicated/serious collectors so that I may store my games in the most safe and prudent manner possible.

If you have dedicated the time to reading this far into my posting, then I hope you'll please dedicate a few mire minutes to sharing the storage method that you personally use for your own collection.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully submitted,

SGGG
Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:44 pm
Don't have any physical SMS games anymore but I keep my old PS1 and PS2 favorites on a shelf under the stairs. It's dark, dry and clean under there so works for me.
Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:39 am
Hey dude!

Most of my games are just sitting on their shelves. One game (Bart vs. the World - this is something memorable to me) is packed in an airtight bag. I use these bags to keep many manuals safe. You can use foils of birthday cards as well when you get them from time to time =D

My Wii games are all in mint condition and they are stored in a vitrine (glass cabinet). All good ways to keep them clean =)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:06 am
Light will fade covers, especially UV. If you care about that, you need to keep them somewhere that is normally dark. Luckily, collections often end up in the basement, loft or small room with bad light anyway.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!