Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - To le Hamster Croustillant

Reply to topic
fAß
To le Hamster Croustillant
Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 1999 7:07 pm
Hi there

there's a msg for you - scroll down a bit!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 1999 2:51 am
> Hi there

> there's a msg for you - scroll down a bit!

Unfortunately you`ll have to help me on this one... Wich one ? ( Maybe i don`t look at the right place ? ) .
fAß
The one in which we're talking about Brazil and Canada and Sonic Blasr /nt/
Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 1999 2:44 pm

> > Hi there

> > there's a msg for you - scroll down a bit!

> Unfortunately you`ll have to help me on this one... Wich one ? ( Maybe i don`t look at the right place ? ) .

AH! I see now...
Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 1999 3:20 pm
Well , If you want to come to canada or quebec , you`ll do fine speaking english . french won`t do you much good in canada ( only some people speak it ) , But in quebec french is the " official " language , but we almost all speak english ( there are some weirdos that refuse to ) . Did you ever feel the canadian winter ? You know , temperatures sometimes reaching -40 c ( with the wind in january ) . we have four distinct seasons here . How about you ? i know you don`t get snow , but what`s the difference in temperature between , say , july and january ? Here , were about to have to shovel our cars ( and hope that they start ) , shovel our driveways and freeze to death... I love my climate ! Must be fun going to work in january with a t-shirt . lucky you ...
fAß
Read
Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 1999 12:01 am
> Well , If you want to come to canada or quebec , you`ll do fine speaking english .

What a relief! Now the only thing that stops me from going there is lack of $$$ ! :))

> french won`t do you much good in canada ( only some people speak it ) , But in quebec french is the " official " language , but we almost all speak english ( there are some weirdos that refuse to )

My English teacher went there and entered a bar and started to speak in English to the girl on the counter. She said, "Whoa, slow down! We're not used to speak English." And I know that French was the official language in Quebec, so I though I'd need to speak French to go there.

> Did you ever feel the canadian winter ?

Fortunately, no! You know, In Brazil, the only places where you can see something close to winter are the states of Rio Grande do Sul (I lived there for 3 years), Santa Catarina (I also spent 3 years there) and Paraná (I went there once). These are the South part of Brazil.

> You know , temperatures sometimes reaching -40 c ( with the wind in january ) .

What else can I say? Brrrrrrr!!! :P

> we have four distinct seasons here . How about you ?

Well, as a carioca (person who was born in Rio), I can tell you that winter last year was on a Thursday :)) No, seriously, I don't think we have 4 distinct seasons. Well, maybe in the South there are 4 seasons...

> i know you don`t get snow...

No, we have some snow in the South, but that's not something you can see everyday. It rarely happens.

> ...but what`s the difference in temperature between , say , july and january ?

In Rio de Janeiro, on most of the days temperature ranges from 28 to 35 C (that's from 74 to 92 F). We really don't have a winter here. But it happens that some weeks on august and october have temperatures that range from 14 to 23 C (about 37-60 F). That's our "winter"! But, in January, things get really hot here: sometimes reaches 45 C (118 F)!!! And there's something funny: when it rains, and the weather''s hot, it gets even hotter with the rain (unless it's a "cold" day).

> Here , were about to have to shovel our cars ( and hope that they start ) , shovel our driveways and freeze to death...

Heh... Imagine that in Brazil! That'd be funny! :)

> I love my climate ! Must be fun going to work in january with a t-shirt . lucky you ...

I don't know if it's fun, but it sure is hot!!

fAß
Read
Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 1999 12:21 am
> Well , If you want to come to canada or quebec , you`ll do fine speaking english .

What a relief! Now the only thing that stops me from going there is lack of $$$ ! :))

> french won`t do you much good in canada ( only some people speak it ) , But in quebec french is the " official " language , but we almost all speak english ( there are some weirdos that refuse to )

My English teacher went there and entered a bar and started to speak in English to the girl on the counter. She said, "Whoa, slow down! We're not used to speak English." And I know that French was the official language in Quebec, so I though I'd need to speak French to go there.

> Did you ever feel the canadian winter ?

Fortunately, no! You know, In Brazil, the only places where you can see something close to winter are the states of Rio Grande do Sul (I lived there for 3 years), Santa Catarina (I also spent 3 years there) and Paraná (I went there once). These are the South part of Brazil.

> You know , temperatures sometimes reaching -40 c ( with the wind in january ) .

What else can I say? Brrrrrrr!!! :P

> we have four distinct seasons here . How about you ?

Well, as a carioca (person who was born in Rio), I can tell you that winter last year was on a Thursday :)) No, seriously, I don't think we have 4 distinct seasons. Well, maybe in the South there are 4 seasons...

> i know you don`t get snow...

No, we have some snow in the South, but that's not something you can see everyday. It rarely happens.

> ...but what`s the difference in temperature between , say , july and january ?

In Rio de Janeiro, on most of the days temperature ranges from 28 to 35 C (that's from 74 to 92 F). We really don't have a winter here. But it happens that some weeks on august and october have temperatures that range from 14 to 23 C (about 37-60 F). That's our "winter"! But, in January, things get really hot here: sometimes reaches 45 C (118 F)!!! And there's something funny: when it rains, and the weather''s hot, it gets even hotter with the rain (unless it's a "cold" day).

> Here , were about to have to shovel our cars ( and hope that they start ) , shovel our driveways and freeze to death...

Heh... Imagine that in Brazil! That'd be funny! :)

> I love my climate ! Must be fun going to work in january with a t-shirt . lucky you ...

I don't know if it's fun, but it sure is hot!!

None of my buisiness, but...
Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 1999 3:39 am
>Did you ever feel the canadian winter ? You know , temperatures sometimes reaching -40 c ( with the wind in january )

Did you ever feel the South Australian Summer?
Temperatures quite often hit 40c for a week in a row, and sometimes gets all the way up to 45c!!!
Ack! that's hot!
Over here, we freeze when the temperature gets below 15c
And it gets even hotter in other parts of Australia!
Here's hoping for some 25c days soon....
~unfnknblvbl
Now THAT is hot !
Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 1999 9:58 pm
> Did you ever feel the South Australian Summer?
> Temperatures quite often hit 40c for a week in a row, and sometimes gets all the way up to 45c!!!
> Ack! that's hot!
> Over here, we freeze when the temperature gets below 15c
> And it gets even hotter in other parts of Australia!
> Here's hoping for some 25c days soon....
> ~unfnknblvbl

With temperatures like this , You can almost cook an egg on you car... We never get this , when we get 25c , we whine because it is too hot ! .
Re: Read
Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 1999 10:02 pm
Brasil seems like a beautifull place . What i whould like to see once , is your carnaval ( le carnaval de rio ) , it is famus thruout the world . And also your jungles , here we only have maple trees...
fAß
Re: Read
Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 1999 9:50 pm
> Brasil seems like a beautifull place...

It is indeed, and it has many different cultures (just like Canada), like German culture (South), Italian/Japanese (Southeast), French/Dutch (North)...

> What i whould like to see once , is your carnaval ( le carnaval de rio )...

...Or "o carnaval do Rio" :)

> ...it is famus thruout the world .

Some brazilian people think it sucks, because it's too much noise and crowds, I just think it's nice to have such an event in my city!

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!