Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - D series (RGB SG-1000 / USB SK1100 / SD card SR1000 /SF7000 emulation)

Reply to topic
D series (RGB SG-1000 / USB SK1100 / SD card SR1000 /SF7000 emulation)
Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:16 pm
A preview video
Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:42 pm
That is awesome! Is it a personal project, or will you release a kit/instructions?
Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:53 am
This looks great, one thing I would suggest is maybe use a 9-pin mini-DIN connector (with the Genesis/MD 2 pinout) in place or in addition to the BNC outputs. BNC connectors are nice and tough but having the mini-DIN would offer greater flexibility in output options.
Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:20 am
Gio wrote
That is awesome! Is it a personal project, or will you release a kit/instructions?

It is a personal project and I use 0402 passives and 0.4mm pitch parts, so I do not think a kit would be very feasible. Daniel from video games reanimate may however build some boards if there's interest
ApolloBoy wrote
This looks great, one thing I would suggest is maybe use a 9-pin mini-DIN connector (with the Genesis/MD 2 pinout) in place or in addition to the BNC outputs. BNC connectors are nice and tough but having the mini-DIN would offer greater flexibility in output options.

Thank you for the suggestion! I actually like the MD2 solution as well. Here the audio is mono, so no big problem, but the MD2 is the easiest way to have stereo audio and RGB video in a "standard connector", much better than hacking audio over VGA imho. However, MD2 cables usually include resistors/caps, which are not required here. I went with USB-C power, 3.5mm audio and BCNs to have something standard and future proof (will aliexpress still sell MD2 cables 20 years from now? I doubt it )
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!