Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Question about Pro Action Replay

Reply to topic
Question about Pro Action Replay
Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 am
A few years back I paid way too much money on eBay to get a Pro Action Replay, because I'd always really wanted one. Anyway, I never actually got around to using it, because I haven't played video games as much in recent years.

Anyway, I'm trying to test out a copy of Operation Wolf I picked up from Brazil, to look for glitches after the second level, which I can't get to. So I figured I'd bust out the Action Replay and put on the invincibility code so I could check.

Problem is, I think my Pro Action Replay is broken. There's a toggle switch on the side and it has three positions: down, center, and up. On my American model 1, down and center go straight to the game. Up doesn't load anything at all. On my Japanese Master System, all three positions just load the game straight up.

Having never used the Action Replay before, I'm assuming it's supposed to load a menu first where you can put in your cheat codes before loading up the game, much like the Game Genie does.

I tried checking the instruction manual, but it's all in German.

Does anyone have experience with one of these and can give me any useful information?
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!