Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - using monopoly as phantasy star SMS power donor, and a few more questions.

Reply to topic
using monopoly as phantasy star SMS power donor, and a few more questions.
Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:03 am
Hello, new to smspower and the master system in general, but i'm enjoying what i'm finding. lots of great technical info.

I'd like to put a copy of the phantasy star translation rom (with FM sound) onto an eprom and put it into a donor board from monopoly. I have plenty of eproms and have done this sort of thing with NES games, but haven't done it with a master system game yet.

from what i've read on this forum, monopoly should work as they use the same 315-5235 paging chip, however monopoly uses a 28pin mask rom instead of 32 pin. Another thread suggests that the remaining eprom pins can just be rewired the appropriate pins on the paging chip.

this is where i'm stuck. I can't seem to find where to wire the eprom pins for A16, A17, A18, and A19 (although i think A19 is not used?).

I do see on the paging-chips page, that pinout for the 315-5235 chip has address input pins up to A15, and then i only see outputs for A16 through A18.

any help would be much appreciated.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!