Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Fun with QuickShot

Reply to topic
Fun with QuickShot
Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:13 pm
Somebody explain me this: I just shot a fish and a duck in Safari Hunt with a joystick.

I happen to have a QuickShot II Turbo. Tried if it works with SMS; kind of. In normal mode problem is trigger and hat are both Pad button 1, so there aren't many games you can play like that. In the optional CPC 464 mode...
I actually didn't try now what it does in normal games (I recall the buttons do nothing), as I tested if the button to start build-in Hang-On would work, I instead started (the build-in) Safari Hunt!

Not only does it work as Light Phaser trigger, it also somehow sends the signal LP would when aimed at TV!
I haven't yet how exactly it works. I think you have to push hat and trigger simultaneously (just trigger flashes like LP trigger not aimed on TV) and maybe down (+left/right?). I just wiggle it randomly and every now and then a shot goes off.
And it hits different places on screen. On Marksman Shooting/Trap Shooting/Safari Hunt I was able to (randomly) start all three games and fire a shot in any. (Never hit anything in the other two.)

And as I said, I once shot a fish (middle) and a duck in Safari Hunt. So...

1. can you explain how exactly this happens?
and
2. what's the sequence of buttons to fire a shot? I just can't figure it out.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:07 pm
When you press the trigger, the screen flashes. The console then waits for a signal from the light phaser which tells it when the gun sees the flashing screen. It then tried to figure out where the gun was pointing. Somehow your joystick is triggering the "seen the flash" signal at a right-enough time.
Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:38 pm
So is it just a matter of lucky enough timing to get a "hit" on screen?
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!