Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SMSII RGBs mod

Reply to topic
SMSII RGBs mod
Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:09 am
RGB composite mod using RGBS to scart cable On SMSII and push button 50/60hz switch. Just clocked Ninja gaiden. Looks beautiful on this Loewe 30 inch CRT and can now be upscaled with RGBs to component transcoder or to HDMI for large LCDs

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 am
Quite neat , can’t find r g b rca but could use 3 black ones , would be neater. This was a smashed up cracked up console so I rubbed back the primer and removed the cracked lid and just cut it out rough as I only had the RGB 3 in one RCA board , Blue is through the old RF hole and tried a push button switch instead of toggle above power inlet for 50/60hz , looks neater ImO

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:46 am
Final revision. 75 ohm resistor on R G B lines (it was over saturated) and the 220uf cap and 75 ohm resistor on composite (for RGB sync) which means it’s now RGB and composite modded if you use regular RCA cable and skip the RGB

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 am
This gives composite via SCART, composite via RCA and RGBs via SCART. Having R G B S separated onto RCAs also gives the option to run RCA cables through BNC adapters into PVM monitors

leaving here for peoples reference should they choose this method as oppose to 8 pin DIN/ Female SCART etc etc

Reference photo of sonic PAL 60hz via RGBs into CRT, yet to test with upscaler (hoping using composite video for sync is all good could put switch on for C-sync/ composite video sync)

I was going to bypass the Sony chip and use an external RGB amp but I don’t see it getting any better than this. It’s basically pixel perfect

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:12 pm
Have you tried it on an LCD? How bad are the jailbars on LCD?

I did mine using the 8 pin horseshoe port (262 degrees) with a cheap Megadrive cable that has a SCART on the other end. Looks really sharp, except for the jailbars, but I guess that comes with modern times.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!