Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Now, there are no limits (Self Introduction)

Reply to topic
Now, there are no limits (Self Introduction)
Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:55 pm
I had a SEGA Master System in the late 1980s.
In 2001, I tried quite a few games using emulator.

2006 or so I bought a SMS II, and little later a Megadrive with Mark3 adapter.

Somehow, I dumped all of it including games did not try to sell them even.

2013 I have actually been in Japan, saw the Monorail in Haneda, went to Osaka, and quite a few other things. It's not really SEGA land, but far more developed than my country in Europe.

I can eat most japanese foods!

Also I wanted to make a card for the SMS module port, with microcontroller. Over the past years, I learned everything about this technology. But never really made software for the Z80 SMS.

However, I am observing forums ike this one.

Recently, bought a SEGA SMS 1 (with card port) in a local shop + 3 games. I am tempted to hack something to the expansion port. But it's a lot of effort for cabling, and Z80/SMS VDP programming is not easy.

I will keep it in mind. I can make a small game using a controller and small TFT with much less efforts, but nothing goes over an original SMS hooked to a television, and that kind of 3-channel music.

But I'd say, making a good tune is not easy. First you need musical talent, and then you need to be able to use the very limited 76489 resources.
Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:35 am
Only SEGA made it possible...

Actually it was the motivation to learn microcontrollers technology. It is not 8bit anymore but also I decided not to abandon my SEGA past completely. Really bought a Master System again.

Picture from Osaka too... 2013
OK haven't done anything videogame related in Osaka but was hoping/expecting it's kindof SEGA World.

In the shop they had many 100 N****** cartridges but only about 20 SEGA games- in the backroom and mostly in bad shape.
DSC01352-2.jpg (181.42 KB)
DSC01352-2.jpg
osaka.jpg (102.61 KB)
osaka.jpg

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!