Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - What's your LEAST favorite SMS/GG music?

Reply to topic
What's your LEAST favorite SMS/GG music?
Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:29 pm
My least favorite SMS/GG musics were in games Sonic Triple Trouble, Phantasy Star, The Simpsons series, Sonic Drift series, Sonic Labyrinth, Asterix and the Secret Mission, etc.

Sonic Triple Trouble had music that sounded like something that was composed by a 7-year-old.

Now, Phantasy Star? Naw. The square waves ended up being too noisy and played high pitches too much.

Both of the Simpsons games (Bart vs. blah blah) didn't have any memorable music based on the series.

Both of the Sonic Drift games didn't appeal to me and had some awful music.

Same for Sonic Labyrinth and Asterix and the Secret Mission.
  • Site Admin
Why are you so obsessed with square waves? Seriously, man, it's WEIRD.
Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:47 am

> Now, Phantasy Star? Naw. The square waves ended up being too noisy and played high pitches too much.

YOU LOSE
Re: Why are you so obsessed with square waves? Seriously, man, it's WEIRD.
Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:35 am
> Why are you so obsessed with square waves? Seriously, man, it's WEIRD.

>
> YOU LOSE

Just what are you talking about?!
Square waves is NOT an issue (PLEASE READ, MAXIM AND CO.)
Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:20 am
Okay, you think I am being so concerned with the SMS's square waves, right? Wrong! I don't think the square waves and how they sound like are an issue, my only concern is that what the music sounds like in the SMS's sound chip. Please don't take offense. It is only MY opinion. It is MY opinion about how Phantasy Star's music sounds like.

And you know what? When I first heard about the SMS/GG, when I listened to the music in a particular game, I used to go nuts complaining about the lack of duty cycles. But it has changed. Now my only concern about the SMS/GG music is what they sound like, or how they are composed. In my opinion, Sonic Triple Trouble didn't catch my attention and was poorly composed. However, when I played all of the Wonderboy games for SMS, I was blown away. I was astonished at how it was composed. It was just beautiful.

Now do you understand. I don't mind the square waves, what bothers me is how the musics are composed. So please don't take offense and take my word for it, because it is only my own opinion. Many people have different opinions, right?
Bill Gates
Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 3:31 am
Claro, Toddy com açucar realmente vai ficar muito doce..... esperimente usar uma maça verde com coca..

me avise se terminar com suceço ok?

abraços!!! e nao deixe a bicicleta no cereno ta/

Bill Gatus

> My least favorite SMS/GG musics were in games Sonic Triple Trouble, Phantasy Star, The Simpsons series, Sonic Drift series, Sonic Labyrinth, Asterix and the Secret Mission, etc.

> Sonic Triple Trouble had music that sounded like something that was composed by a 7-year-old.

> Now, Phantasy Star? Naw. The square waves ended up being too noisy and played high pitches too much.

> Both of the Simpsons games (Bart vs. blah blah) didn't have any memorable music based on the series.

> Both of the Sonic Drift games didn't appeal to me and had some awful music.

> Same for Sonic Labyrinth and Asterix and the Secret Mission.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!