Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Fantasy Zone names

Reply to topic
Fantasy Zone names
Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2002 4:29 pm
Hi, I was downloading some music from Audiogalaxy, and came across a couple of songs from Fantasy Zone (they're called Phantasy Zone?) by the Sega SST team, and they had differen't names than just the level names me and Martin used in our VGM package, for example the team from the Tabas level is called "Keep On The Beat", but the main problem is there was only about 5 songs or something from Fantasy Zone available on Audiogalaxy.

Do you guys think that the VGM package should be updated with those names and the tracks unavailable left they way they are, or no update at all?

Does anyone know if there is a fantasy zone soundtrack from which all of the real names could be obtained?
Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2002 4:40 pm
I myself has downloaded that cd you are talking about, and I'll probably buy it very soon. It's called Sega Game Music - Volume 2. It costs $~25 here in Denmark, and it was made 1987 :)

I've been thinking the same thing as you, but I don't know where the names in the VGM release are from, so I don't know wich is more correct.

Below is a link to a site with information about Sega Game Music - Volume 2.

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2002 7:12 pm
> I myself has downloaded that cd you are talking about, and I'll probably buy it very soon. It's called Sega Game Music - Volume 2. It costs $~25 here in Denmark, and it was made 1987 :)

Cool, I will probably buy it if I can find it anywhere

> I've been thinking the same thing as you, but I don't know where the names in the VGM release are from, so I don't know wich is more correct.

In the vgm package, me and Martin choosed to use the names from the levels that the tunes are used in.

> Below is a link to a site with information about Sega Game Music - Volume 2.

The link doesn't work :/
Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2002 7:37 pm

> The link doesn't work :/

You sure? It works for me, well this is the track names:

01. Opa-Opa! ~ Shopping.(2:56)
02. Keep on the Beat.(2:16)
03. Saari.(2:21)
04. Prome ~ Round Up ~ Hot Snow.(3:25)
05. Don't Stop.(1:58)
06. Dreaming Tomorrow.(2:32)
07. Boss.(1:13)
08. Ya-Da-Yo.(1:47)
09. Victory Way ~ Game Over.(1:20)

10. Hang On.(4:20)
11. Enduro Racer.(7:58)
12. Quartet.(7:21)

Those last three tracks are not from Fantasy Zone (yum, I must've listened to that Hang On track a thousand times by now)

This is some info for from another site:

Composed by: Hiro & Katsuhiro Hayashi

Scitron & Art, Inc.
SCDC-00052

October 18, 2000
1 CD - 28 Tracks

Other sites says there's 3 cd's
  • Site Admin
track names
Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2002 8:03 pm
In the arcade version of Fantasy Zone, it shows the name of the tune as you begin a level - although it doesn't say the names of other songs from the game (boss music, shop music, intro song, end music).

Also, you'd have to either hack the arcade rom or play through it to see all the song names, and I can't get past level 5, no way no how.
Martin Skog
Cool!
Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 7:13 pm
I really want that CD!

Martin Skog
The real names...
Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:53 am
I think we should stick to the level names which the players will recognise. On the other hand, you can find the weird names for the songs on the soundtest to "Super Fantasy Zone" for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.

Re: The real names...
Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:41 am
> I think we should stick to the level names which the players will recognise. On the other hand, you can find the weird names for the songs on the soundtest to "Super Fantasy Zone" for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.

If it covers all the songs in the SMS version I personally think they should be exchanged. What do other people think ?
Re: The real names...
Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 9:20 pm
> > I think we should stick to the level names which the players will recognise. On the other hand, you can find the weird names for the songs on the soundtest to "Super Fantasy Zone" for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.

> If it covers all the songs in the SMS version I personally think they should be exchanged. What do other people think ?

Hmm I think they should be renamed to the cd-titles even if they don't cover all the tracks. But if someone extracts the track names from the arcade version, I think that would be even more correct.. but on the other hand, that isn't the SMS version.. hmm :)

If the titles are changed, I think that the tracks for Alex Kidd in Miracle World should be changed also - if Maxim agrees ofcourse.. (six tracks from Alex Kidd in Miracle world is on Sega Game Music vol. 1)

The alternate track titles could also just be mentioned in the .txt, that way no info is lost, and no harm is done :)
Nir Chervoni
Re: track names
Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 11:16 am
hey guys.
listen...i realy realy realy gotta get some MID or MP3 tracks of Fantasy Zone II.
if you can give me some link or something ill be realy thankful.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!