SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - More troubles with vgm to midi conversions

Reply to topic
mota
More troubles with vgm to midi conversions
Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2002 8:18 pm
I did more testing with with converting some vgz files to midi with vgm2midi and then converting them if need be with a midi converter to format 1.

In this case I tried converting a favorite song of mine from Miracle Warriors (which I got from this site), the Overhead theme. The problem is when I convert them to midi they play fine, but when I open it up in a Sequencer (Cakewalk 9 does not open it, even if I convert it to Format 0,1,2 --wierd, Cubase will open it on format 1, and format 0 after a long time of loading). Now the main problem is when I open the Overhead midi file, for some reason the sequencer will only read the first 10-15 seconds of the main melody track (track 0 in vgm2midi). But a normal midi player plays it fine...Now I tried isolating the track and converting only the melody track (track 0)...and I get the same results (midi player plays the whole song fine, sequencer only has the first 15 seconds of the notes, the rest of it are blank). Additionally, sometimes when vgz files converted to midis the main track contains blank space for tens of minutes.

I'm new to vgz files, and I don't know everything about midi...so this is rather frustrating. I don't see why a midi player can play these, regardless if they are the full songs or isolated tracks, and midi sequencers have all sorts of problems, even if the main track is isolated and all by itself. Thanks again for any help or insight.

mota
Re: part 2
Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2002 8:21 pm
I forgot to mention the other 3 tracks of sounds work fine, it's always the main melody track that gets screwy...

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!