Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - editing homebrew entries, did i find a bug?

Reply to topic
editing homebrew entries, did i find a bug?
Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:58 am
Maxim wrote
First, I grant you edit rights. (Done.) Next, you make up a URL like http://www.smspower.org/Homebrew/Libreway-SG . When you get there, you click on the link to create the page from a template, which you then edit. You can create a forum thread if one doesn't already exist. You can also add arbitrary stuff to the page if you like by using the >><< wikicode to break out of the hidden part. Post in the Website section if you have more questions.

so, i started a new thread here, Maxim! is it fine? :)
from a copy/paste from other homebrew entry, i tried about Libreway, and what happened was this - http://www.smspower.org/Homebrew/Libreway-SG - it got that flood of links, and i lost the edit rights... :S - i guess i found a bug for editing something wrong or missing there? how can we continue editing it?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:20 pm
You deleted the Screenshots field, which caused the screenshots handling to underflow, go nuts, hit a limit and cause the edit link not to show any more. I applied a sanity check to the screenshots page to avoid this. Please upload as many screenshots as you can :)

Also: your platform says GG, your title tag is not necessary as the game name matches the page name, and we usually use user name links (like [[~nitrofurano]]) for the By field.
Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:40 pm
Maxim wrote
You deleted the Screenshots field, which caused the screenshots handling to underflow, go nuts, hit a limit and cause the edit link not to show any more. I applied a sanity check to the screenshots page to avoid this. Please upload as many screenshots as you can :)

thanks - the problem is when we try to change them - accidentally i uploaded pictures with borders, or wrong pictures, and the attempts on trying to replace them were quite painful... :S (i'm actually uploading a series of pictures, and i can’t delete them, or changing the first one)

Also: your platform says GG, your title tag is not necessary as the game name matches the page name, and we usually use user name links (like [[~nitrofurano]]) for the By field.

GG was accidentally as well, i corrected it to SG
and everything else still looks quite confusing for editing... :S

btw, thanks a lot for the help! :)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:53 pm
If you click on the "Attach" link at the top you can delete/remove pictures.
The picture should be 256x192 which is the native resolution and in PNG format. Don't worry about the mistakes, it was initially confusing for myself to edit the wiki data :)
Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:35 pm
Bock wrote
If you click on the "Attach" link at the top you can delete/remove pictures.
The picture should be 256x192 which is the native resolution and in PNG format. Don't worry about the mistakes, it was initially confusing for myself to edit the wiki data :)

thanks, but i'm afraid that editing the wiki data as text directly would be far easier (and i can’t get into there, when related to pictures) - i really tried again and again, and was those old pictures that i thought was deleted that appeared back... :S

what i have now is http://www.smspower.org/Homebrew/CMJN-SG and http://www.smspower.org/Homebrew/Libreway-SG, and i wanted to remove those pictures with border
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:23 pm
1. Click "Attach" on the page
2. Click on the Δ next to the file you want to replace
3. Upload
Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:25 pm
Maxim wrote
1. Click "Attach" on the page
2. Click on the Δ next to the file you want to replace
3. Upload

tried now, and didn’t work...
http://www.smspower.org/Homebrew/CMJN-SG
i guess should be a bug somewhere

(i left those 4 screenshots just in case (at the wiki it is ":Screenshots:3") - and after trying to edit that as you suggested, those 2 above with the borders should be replaced with those below, and it didn't )
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:24 am
It's fine, but the images are being cached, either by your ISP or by our server - I'm not sure which. It should get fixed in a day or so.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!