SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Musical geniuses required

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Musical geniuses required
Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 4:01 pm
Well, I've been researching Lemmings. A lot of the music is based on other (copyright-free) pieces; some is relatively easy to name ("How Much Is That Doggy In The Window"), finding the composer is tricky but doable from that (Louis Gaste). Some is above my cultural level, though ("Ronda Alla Turca", Mozart), at least to put a name to it. The Lemmings fansites and newsgroups (alt.lemmings mainly) weren't as helpful as I'd hoped they would be.

So, who here thinks they can help? unfnk?

Maxim
believe it or not...
Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 12:12 pm
> Well, I've been researching Lemmings. A lot of the music is based on other (copyright-free) pieces; some is relatively easy to name ("How Much Is That Doggy In The Window"), finding the composer is tricky but doable from that (Louis Gaste). Some is above my cultural level, though ("Ronda Alla Turca", Mozart), at least to put a name to it. The Lemmings fansites and newsgroups (alt.lemmings mainly) weren't as helpful as I'd hoped they would be.

> So, who here thinks they can help? unfnk?

> Maxim

...I'm not really good with spotting and naming pieces of music - but I'll give it a go if you can point me romwards.. :)

~unfnknblvbl
finaldave
Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 9:14 am
> Well, I've been researching Lemmings. A lot of the music is based on other (copyright-free) pieces; some is relatively easy to name ("How Much Is That Doggy In The Window"), finding the composer is tricky but doable from that (Louis Gaste).

Try searching them in AudioGalaxy to find out the composer. I find this fairly interesting actually, finding out the real names of themes which I just know as 'that one from Lemmings level n'!
This is all I have as possibles from the net :(
''How Much is that Doggie in the Window?''
The Cancan
''She'll Be Comin' Down the Mountain When She Comes''
Shadow of the Beast theme

I recently found out from stairwaytohell that the Repton 1 is not actually the Entertainer but Black and White Rag. Repton 3 afaik is an original piece.

>Some is above my cultural level, though ("Ronda Alla Turca", Mozart), at least to put a name to it. The Lemmings fansites and newsgroups (alt.lemmings mainly) weren't as helpful as I'd hoped they would be.

> So, who here thinks they can help? unfnk?

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:34 pm
> Try searching them in AudioGalaxy to find out the composer. I find this fairly interesting actually, finding out the real names of themes which I just know as 'that one from Lemmings level n'!
> This is all I have as possibles from the net :(
> ''How Much is that Doggie in the Window?''
> The Cancan
> ''She'll Be Comin' Down the Mountain When She Comes''
> Shadow of the Beast theme

Shadow of the Beast theme isn't in SMS Lemmings (it's used for one level only, "Menacing").

Maxim
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:16 pm
> Shadow of the Beast theme isn't in SMS Lemmings (it's used for one level only, "Menacing").

Actually it's called something like "A Beast of a Level" in the novice sections. A song from Menace is used in Menacing in, and there's an Awesome level later on as well - there might be a another level in the highest difficultly group with another Psygnosis reference, but I never got through those.

I'm talking about the Amiga version, of course.
  • Site Admin
(OT now) Bah
Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:21 am
> > Shadow of the Beast theme isn't in SMS Lemmings (it's used for one level only, "Menacing").

> Actually it's called something like "A Beast of a Level" in the novice sections. A song from Menace is used in Menacing in, and there's an Awesome level later on as well - there might be a another level in the highest difficultly group with another Psygnosis reference, but I never got through those.

> I'm talking about the Amiga version, of course.

As ever, I'm getting stuff confused. Yes, you're right. There's 4 "special" levels with their own graphics in the original, and one had its own music too. They were all based on other Psygnosis (?) games (Shadow of the Beast, other less famous ones). They all put one word in capitals in their titles, so if you have a list of level names you can find them easily.

Maxim
Jxt
Re: (OT now) Bah
Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:50 pm
They were based on;
Shadow of the Beast
Beast II
Menace
and Awesome!

There was another in MegaDrive (SUNSOFT) Lemmings, called 'Sunsoft Special', which had characters from some crappy SNES puzzler I played ages ago, and IIRC the Game Gear (Not so sure about SMS) version has a special level with silicon boards and the SEGA logo, although I'm not sure if that had new music (I played my GG with the sound down, see).

And, slightly more OT-but-related, I'm sure that one of the Lemmings tracks rips off (Like, almost note-for-note) The Prodigy's Everybody in the Place (Single Version).

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!