Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Selling my Japanese Game Gear games EVEN THE RARE ONES ;)

Reply to topic
Selling my Japanese Game Gear games EVEN THE RARE ONES ;)
Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:48 am
Last edited by Paradiesel82 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:47 pm; edited 8 times in total
Here is a good chance for those of you who look to (further) complete their collection of japanese game gear games, as i part with mine.

All games are boxed and complete as well (except Bare Knuckle 2, which misses manual and Fray, which is loose cartridge with plastic case).

Of course I am selling the games to you sms'lers cheaper than you can find them on ebay or probably elsewhere (some games you wont even find there!).

But that doesnt mean i am willing to give them away for free, as some did cost me an arm and leg.

Prices given are in Euro € and negotiable, especially if you are willing to buy multiple games. "??" means make an offer.

2-in-1 Altered Beast + Double Dragon - 120
Castle of Illusion - 15
Fatal Fury Special - 15
Fray (loose cartridge) - ??
GG Pro Striker 94 (big box with link cable) - 10
GP Rider - 20
Last Bible - 15
Ninja Gaiden - 35
Pac-Man - 10
Shinobi - 12
Sonic Drift 2 - 15
Virtua Fighter Kids Gear - 12

Greetz,
Sascha
Your GG sale
Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:57 am
What is the 2 in 1 ALtered Beast and Double Dragon? I am assuming it is a pirate? Can I see a pic?
Thank you
~E~
Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:05 am
Hi Erik,

yes, you are assuming right, i guess. Unfortunately, condition is not so good, but given its rarity still a highly collectible item. Here is a pic of it.
20121103_194643.jpg (247.65 KB)
The box
20121103_194643.jpg
20121103_194802.jpg (242.66 KB)
The cartridge
20121103_194802.jpg

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:54 am
Man..you have some great old list too...
Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:02 pm
Have updated my games list with prices... dont be so shy ;)
Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:23 pm
Hey buddy,
I am interested in the 2 in 1 if you have a price in mind PM me.
Thanks!
~E~
Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:16 am
I cant really tell, because i never before came across a boxed copy like this one.

[Forget what i was writing here, it dealt with the Rastan Saga game]

So, if there is an offer i cant refuse i will sell it, otherwise i will have to keep it or sell it on ebay some day.

Sascha
Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:43 am
Paradiesel82 wrote
I cant really tell, because i never before came across a boxed copy like this one.

[Forget what i was writing here, it dealt with the Rastan Saga game]

So, if there is an offer i cant refuse i will sell it, otherwise i will have to keep it or sell it on ebay some day.

Sascha

don't sell it on ebay!!!
Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:22 am
I bought my CIB Rastan Saga on eBay about a year or so back for $75ish.
Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:16 am
I bought my CIB Rastan Saga on eBay about a year or so back for $75ish.

Thanks for letting me know. On Amazon Japan there are two sellers who offer loose carts Rastan Saga at 30 - 35 Euro apiece.

Still no clue what would be appropiate for the Altered Beast/Double Dragon thing which means i will be waiting for any offers - probably till the end of time... ;) Or i should offer it over at SegaAge...
Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:00 pm
On SegaAge I will say I want it there too. HA, name your price bro! :)
Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:46 pm
Sorry mate, i cant tell, because i dont know.

I think it will be the best option for me to list it at ebay some day - then i will now if people really want it and what they are willing to pay.

At least as long as there arent any offers that i cant refuse in the meantime.

And yes, of course i will allow international bidders, so you dont need to ask for, Erik. ;)
Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:21 pm
Well I can tell you that I recently bought a huge shipment of new GG multi-carts from Taiwan, talking around 30 of them, and I didn't pay over $15 for any of them. In fact I kept the ones I needed and then sold off the rest at cost to friends on here including BOCK and sold a couple others on eBay for $15.99 each. That said as this is one I don't have I'd be happy to pay a fair price for it. If you eBay it please PM me on here to let me know so I don't miss it.
Thanks!
Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:14 pm
I would have appreciated to hear about your multi cart offerings on ebay earlier... but it seems you didnt make it public here, didnt you?

Very often when i see those multi carts on ebay they usually sell for 30 to 50 Euro and they are almost never in new condition...

But as I told you, i will let you know when i should decide to list it on ebay.

Cheers
Sascha
Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:23 pm
BUMP Updated prices BUMP
Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:49 pm
Hey bud,
Don't know if you need this one or not but I sold it two weeks ago on eBay and the guy hasn't paid or responded to any emails. I have unpaid bidder case open on it and if he doesn't pay in a couple days I will close the case and would be happy to sell it to you if you need it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360502468891
Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Unfortunately i have that one already, might be in slightly better condition than mines though...

Lol, i even have a 30-in-1 cart with the same graphics on it, just differing in the list of games on the back as well as the title on front and sides of the box of course...
20121115_230736.jpg (200.19 KB)
20121115_230736.jpg

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:50 am
What's your price for Panzer, Rastan and G-Sonic, will be interesting.
Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:01 pm
Just make me an adequate offer and we will find together. :)

If you ask what is adequate in general, i would say check ebay worldwide for pricing and make an offer that isnt insanely low compared to the prices on ebay.

Regarding Rastan Saga (which is almost impossible to be found on ebay), Braveheart said he bought his CIB copy for something like 75 US-Dollar a few years ago.
Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:11 pm
The last Rastan was sold 35€ on Ebay 2 month ago (direct selling) I don't find the link :( , for panzer 70€ and same for G-Sonic.
Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:31 pm
Would like to see that link to Rastan Saga, just did a search but as well didnt find one... And to be honest, i wouldnt sell Rastan Saga for 35 €... i trust Braveheart with what he said he had to pay for a complete copy a few years ago and therefore the price should be at least that.

70 € for Panzer Dragoon and G-Sonic each?

The one and only seller worldwide wants 150 € + additional postage for Panzer Dragoon alone... and G-Sonic is as rare as well.

Nevertheless, as we have dealt a few times together already, i would be willing to sell both, Panzer Dragoon and G-Sonic, for a total of 200 € to you (with secure "signed for" shipping).
Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:53 pm
Yeah I have dealth with rg#### whatever his name is on here before as well and I think we all know each other from collecting. NO hard feelings but there is no way Rastan Saga CIB is only 35 euros. I believe you that you might have seen one sell for that low on a BIN that someone who got lucky snagged quick. Hell look at that Power Drve a few months back where the Lucky guy bought it on BIN for peanuts and then tried to flip it immediately like an idiot for what was it $15,000 or some crazy crap. Rastan is tought to find CIB. Cart only not as bad but CIB tough.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:39 pm
All those games can be gotten for quick cheap on Yahoo Japan, that's where I bought all those 3. I've seen a few Rastan for 2000 yens actually I agree that it's a rare game. Panzer seems to go for higher amount (often 5000) presumably because it's associated to a more popular license. For the western market I'd say 200 euros for both is a correct price thought!

he said he had to pay for a complete copy a few years ago and therefore the price should be at least that.

That doesn't make any sense saying that the minimum new price of an item should be the maximum that one person somewhere paid for.
If you actually believing that games having a standard market value you would put it on eBay for $1 and see how it goes, wouldn't you? But the reality is that games values are pretty random and your answer to that is to cherry pick among high price of recent history. Mind you so many people are doing that, I just think it's infortunate and that logic is leading to inflation.
Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:05 pm
Thanks for giving your point of view on that, Bock, i really appreciate it, especially when you say that 200 € for the two games is a fair (western) price. I might add, that these two games are in awesome condition, i would give Panzer Dragoon almost a 10/10 and G-Sonic a 9/10, so i think its a very adequate price.

Regarding Rastan Saga: I never dealt on Yahoo Japan, not even knowing what i would have to do, to do so. But when searching for Rastan Saga offers, i found two sellers on Amazon Japan who want 30 - 35 € each for one single cart.

Plus, i have the information from Braveheart what he had to pay for his CIB Rastan Saga. And i trust him with that.

Also, its not a big secret, that the prices for rare Game Gear games have risen over the years - partially significant. Look at the incredible prices that rg##### sold his games at ebay. I mean, having someone pay almost 400 € (398,77 € to be exact) for a CIB copy of Sonic Blast is insane! And there were others as well that went for far higher prices than i would have expected - and i am watching ebay very closely for years as well so i think i know what is kind of appropiate.

But of course it all depends on what someone wants to pay, how much he needs/wants to buy something.

To make no secret of it, i made rg#### an offer to sell Rastan Saga for additional 65 € along with the other two games. That is an adequate (in my opinion) price and i am not trying to rip him off or something - i simply wouldnt do that to someone who is a long time member here and a serious collector as well. It happens from time to time, that people have different opinions when it comes to what something is worth. But when two people (or even more) on a forum like this agree, then it cant be so wrong.

Therefore i am very thankful for your opinion Bock, and i am absolutely on your side when it comes to the whole inflation thing with people calling for ridiculous prices. I just think that this is not really the point here, as all of my prices are adequate - at least compared to others.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:19 pm
For the records G-Sonic is also the most expensive Japanese GG game I bought. I found games like AX*Battler to be actually rarer than G-Sonic but the later gets better sales.
Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 pm
I believe you that you might have seen one sell for that low on a BIN that someone who got lucky snagged quick

Yes it was a BIN, I missed it :)

For me offer of Paradiesel is a good offer, I know value of these games and it is correct for me.

Only one US guy don't pay 398,77 EUR for my Sonic Labyrinth, I sold it 220€ finaly to a UK collector. I don't think my game would leave as much.
Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:03 pm
Heh... G Sonic isn't in my opinion the most valuable Japanese GG CIB. I would say it is the only one I am missing the damn box and manual on and you *BOCK* know which is the only Japan game I am missing for my complete Japan set. I have 3 friends in Japan who have been scouring the country for me in person for the last two years and they still can't find me the box/manual for the last game I need to complete my set.
Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:40 pm
Crash Dummies I think is the rarest
Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:45 pm
Crash Dummies was definetly a hard one to get. In fact it was in my last 10 but I got that one through one of my friends in Japan directly. But that isn't the last one I'm missing. :)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:15 am
I didn't G-Sonic is the rarest definitively not but it's the one that cost me the most so far (probably because I impulse bought it). Games like Bart vs The World and Zool are rarer (I don't have Zool either).
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:17 am
Well technically Car Licence is the rarest but nobody seems to care about it.
Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:30 am
BS... I care about Car Licence. But luckily I already have it. Bart vs the World is definetly a tough Japan one to get. Also had to get that one through a Japan friend.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:57 am
Car Licence i mean everytime i've seen it for sale it went rather low, didn't it? I think few people have it in their list of things to look for.
Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:26 pm
Definetly for how insanely rare it is it sells too cheap. I usually see it sell in the $100 - 200 range but it only comes up like obce every two years. I think the price is kept down because it isn't considered part of the set. If it was more people would want it and need it Right now I'd guess alot of people don't even know about it.
Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Since few days there is a rastan saga on Ebay for 35€ : http://cgi.ebay.fr/Rastan-Saga-Complet-Jap-Game-Gear-REF2667-/390506741701?pt=FR...
Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:55 pm
Bock wrote

If you actually believing that games having a standard market value you would put it on eBay for $1 and see how it goes, wouldn't you? But the reality is that games values are pretty random and your answer to that is to cherry pick among high price of recent history. Mind you so many people are doing that, I just think it's infortunate and that logic is leading to inflation.

This is the shit that is pissing me off lately with collecting games that I have put it aside for a while. This is a serious problem now on ebay, and not just with games, but pretty much everything on there now. It's rare to actually see AUCTIONS on ebay, and most buy it nows do not allow you to make an offer on the item... so you see rare items with overinflated values that sit there and rot in the search listings for years. I have seen guys try to sell 2400 baud modems for $100+!

Sorry for getting it off-topic.
Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:43 am
Would have to advise extreme caution dealing with Paradise82.

He has purchased items from me on eBay ane refuses to pay or answer emails.

All of you know me from other forums and know me to be fair and truthful.

Buyer beware.
Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 am
Last edited by Paradiesel82 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
I am glad that i have never had problems with any member on this forums. Everything went smooth at all times and that has a reason: I am 100% trustworthy and reliable.

Excuse me for being a little bit pissed right now... but starting a shitstorm for now reason, is that really what you want?

And before you go on spreading your lies, everybody on here should judge for himself/herself by reading our complete conversation (it starts at the bottom, FYI):

25.01.13 10:36 message by paradiesel82:

As i said a few times already: You dont need to take the hit. I will pay this evening, feel free to edit postage costs to 12 gbp until then. If not, then i will 5 gbp.

25.01.13 10:15 message by plutospets:

Can't be bothered to read all of that.

The shipping is now £5, I will take the hit and pay the rest for insured.

Please pay me.

25.01.13 10:13 message by paradiesel82:

Ok, what is your problem?

First you refuse to admit that you have made a mistake, even though i send you the proof. It would have been all that simple to just admit it. Then i let you know that i am going to pay the full amount because i dont want you to pay a part of my postage costs - regardless that it was YOUR mistake. I was trying to be all kind with that. Suddenly you say i should pay what i want then. A day later you change the invoice and want me to pay the amount of postage costs that was misleadingly listed at first.

Do you really know what you want? It doest seem so. I said i want to pay for insured and trackable postage and if that costs 12 gbp then i will pay it.

And please stop whining about me not paying! What makes you think i would not pay? Because i dont answer your daily mails immediately? Come on! The auction has ended no 5 days from now and since you seem to change the invoice on almost a daily basis, i rather keep waiting until things clear up and you calm down.

I said I want a smooth transaction and no hassle. But instead you cause ill-feeling with what you are writing.

Everyone can see from my feedback that i always pay and normally this happens immediately or very fast, but this case is special and you know why. If you dont know it, then read our mail conversation again from the start and try to see the things from my point of view.

Plus, i have dealt with you in the past and everything went smooth so i dont know why it should be different.

And that you really try to spoil my credits on the forums im on is 1. ridiculous and 2. makes me wonder how Mr. and Mrs. Clapham would rate your attitude and behaviour in that case. I doubt that this was their way of upbringing.

I wish i was a native english speaker, but nevertheless i hope you get what i am trying to say. So I would appreciate if you would make up your mind again and come to your senses.

25.01.13 08:39 message by plutospets:

Fine don't pay me. People like you ruin eBay.

I will let everybody know on the forums that you post on the type of buyer that you are.

24.01.13 23:04 message by plutospets:

Are you going to be sending payment?

23.01.13 10:25 message by plutospets:

Just pay the £5 postage and I will pay the rest.

Thanks,

Lorraine.

22.01.13 22:28 message by plutospets:

I can't be bothered to argue. Pay what you want so I can send the game out.

22.01.13 22:27:27 message by paradiesel82:

Dont get me wrong Lorraine. I am experienced with buying from overseas sellers and i know how to read descriptions. I am not trying to negotiate or bargain something without reason. I have attached a pic (screenshot) and marked the details red so that you can clearly see that it says: 5 gbp international standard postage. I believe that it wasnt your intention to have international postage at 5 gbp if you say that this were your postage costs for uk postage only. But its not my fault when the description says otherwise.

Therefore i would appreciate it if you would accept this fact and take more care in the future when it comes to listing auctions with international postage. And since i dont want any hassle but a smooth transaction instead, i will of course pay the demanded postage costs of 12 gbp for tracked and insured postage to Germany.

Please dont be mad at me, i just had the feeling i needed to prove me right.

All the best,
Sascha

22.01.13 21:51:56 message by plutospets:

It said 5 to Uk. Tracked and insured to Germany is what is in the invoice.

Thanks.

22.01.13 21:50:47 message by paradiesel82:

Hello Lorraine,

excuse me, but i am wondering because of the postage costs. In the auction's description it says 5 gbp standard international postage to Germany. But when i want to checkout, the same service (standard international postage) costs 12 gbp. Please help me to clear things up.

All the best,
Sascha
Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:34 am
I thought posting here would get you to reply.

Could the reason you have not paid be something to do with the fact you bought exactly the same game 2 hours later for half the price? Or maybe I am just being cynical.
Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:44 am
Could the reason you have not paid be something to do with the fact you bought exactly the same game 2 hours later for half the price? Or maybe I am just being cynical.

Yes, it seems you are cynical. And you know what? I havent even paid for that game as well! But the reason for that is, i am watching more auctions of that seller (a member of this forum as well) and wait to have them sent combined in case of me winning one or more of them.

Your game was a bargain already and of course i want to buy it. But since you dont bother to read my mails because they are too long, how should you know!?

But now lets do us the favour and end that.
Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 am
Paradiesel82 wrote

Yes, it seems you are cynical. And you know what? I havent even paid for that game as well! But the reason for that is, i am watching more auctions of that seller (a member of this forum as well) and wait to have them sent combined in case of me winning one or more of them.

Your game was a bargain already and of course i want to buy it. But since you dont bother to read my mails because they are too long, how should you know!?

But now lets do us the favour and end that.

I can't be bothered to argue. Please pay for the item.
Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:01 am
25.01.13 10:36 message by paradiesel82:

As i said a few times already: You dont need to take the hit. I will pay this evening, feel free to edit postage costs to 12 gbp until then. If not, then i will 5 gbp.

Its a little bit exhausting to communicate with someone who doesnt want to read his/her mails:

I. WILL. PAY. THIS. EVENING.

AND. I. DONT. CARE. IF. ITS. 12 GBP. OR. 5 GBP.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:27 am
Aaaand... that's the end of the public arguing, any subsequent attempts will be deleted. I hope you enjoy the game!
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 pm
Too much talking. I think plutospets was pretty concise and explanatory. You can solve that laundry together. Enjoy the game.
Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:57 pm
Keep cool :)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!