Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Revival Studios planning an SG-1000 release for 2012

Reply to topic
Revival Studios planning an SG-1000 release for 2012
Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:59 am
Revival Studios, developer of games for classic systems such as Philips Videopac/Odyssey2 and Vectrex have SG-1000 listed for 2012 along with MSX and Colecovision.

Also this from their news;

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - A quick update...
Just letting you know what i've been up to the last month:
- Getting the production process ready for Colecovision, Sega SG-1000 and MSX (which takes up most of my time and resources)

Saturday, January 21, 2012 - MSX Fair
As you might have read below, i have started development on Colecovision and MSX platforms as of the beginning of this year. Today was the first time for me to step out of my cave and show the first fruits of my labour: A trailer & playable demo for AstroDodge for the MSX and Colecovision. Its always exciting to show new stuff for the first time, but luckily people at the fair seemed to like it a lot.

Due to the similarities between the three systems I expect the SG-1000 release will be the same game that is planned for MSX and Colecovision. Revival Studios released Astro Dodge for Videopac/Odyssey2 last year.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:28 am
IIRC The project was shown at a Dutch MSX fair in January this year. I wasn't able to attend that day.

I heard it was a good game.

http://www.msx.org/photoshoots/nijmegen-2012/revival-studios-astrododge-msx-and-...

http://www.msx.org/photoshoots/nijmegen-2012/revival-studios-astrododge-msx-and-...
Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:16 am
Hi there,

As the developer, I can indeed confirm a game is in development and in production for release this year. An official annoucement, along with webpage, details screens, trailers,etc. will follow somewhere in the following weeks.

Kind regards,

Martijn / Revival Studios
Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:36 am
Is this economically viable? Many of the sms are not working anymore after all this years so the number of units you can sell will be reduced so my question is will this make any profit
Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 pm
Probably not. good thing i dont run a business! Hopefully it will make SG-1000 / SC-3000 users happy.
Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:32 am
ok i see. That you tube video of astro dodge is that how the game looks on an actual odyssey 2? if it is it looks really good specially compared to most games for that console the sprite looks good and the bcakground is not one solid color so it looks like a lot is going on
Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:51 am
Chicho wrote
ok i see. That you tube video of astro dodge is that how the game looks on an actual odyssey 2? if it is it looks really good specially compared to most games for that console the sprite looks good and the bcakground is not one solid color so it looks like a lot is going on

Yes it is. Only the background with static stars and dots is optional for european +systems, but the rest is the same on Odyssey2 and videopac.
If you are interested you could take a look at my other games for the Odyssey2. For example my game Mage (i can not post links yet, but seach Mage videopac on youtube) is currently being regarded as the best looking game for the system (Keep in mind this is a 4kb game running on 1978 hardware).

I always try to improve and push boundries with each new game, so i hope i am able to do the same for the SG-1000.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!