9 (excellent) 23% 23%
This poll has expired.
  • Site Admin
[Music competition 2012] Little Red Riding Jumpsuit by tibone
Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 am
Last edited by Maxim on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
http://www.smspower.org/Music/LittleRedRidingJumpsuit-Homebrew

tibone wrote
A somewhat liberal take on the Motorcycle theme of Alex Kidd in Miracle.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:27 am
This is my favourite out of the music entries this year (although "Collision Chaos" by Chris Kelly is a very close second in my opinion) - I'm really liking this track and have listened to it over and over.

The drum sounds are great - are they programmed or recorded live?
Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:36 pm
Thanks, i have put a lot of effort in this track.
And i find it funny that it's the only guitar driven track of the competition, makes me feel kinda alien-ish for not doing something really retro.

The drums are programmed, and the samples are from 2 Toontrack VSTis, EZDrummer and Drumkit from Hell. (Most of the cymbals and the tons are from EZD, but the snare and kick is from DFH, also some cymbals).
But i heavily processed them, compression, eq, transient shaping, etc.

Glad you enjoyed the song. :)

There's a entire AKMW album, if you're interested, check my bandcamp, it's http://tibone.bandcamp.com

(Not sure if plugging it here is legal, if it's against the rules, a mod can edit the last part. :) ).
Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:16 pm
tibone wrote
And i find it funny that it's the only guitar driven track of the competition, makes me feel kinda alien-ish for not doing something really retro.

Heh. I know how you feel. I submitted a hardcore/hard-rock AKIMW-inspired track for the 2007 competition. :)

tibone wrote
The drums are programmed, and the samples are from 2 Toontrack VSTis, EZDrummer and Drumkit from Hell. (Most of the cymbals and the tons are from EZD, but the snare and kick is from DFH, also some cymbals).

Nice. I'll have to check them out, 'cause I'm really in need of some new drum sounds (ones which sound good!). I've had trouble finding a snare sound like the one you have in that track - most of the ones I have sound like biscuit tins.

tibone wrote
There's a entire AKMW album, if you're interested, check my bandcamp, it's http://tibone.bandcamp.com

Neato. I'm liking it - just bought a copy. :)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:29 pm
I like the energy of this entry, and it's nice to have a "real" instrument involved. The source music is well interpreted, the style matches it well, and there's plenty of deviation from the original to earn some credits for originality :)

However, for me the drums spoil it, they seem a bit unrealistic, or even synthetic, and that distracts me.
Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:10 pm
Thanks Maxim.

You know it's funny, you didn't liked the drum sounds and aypok did like the drum sounds, i guess we can't please everyone. :)

Actually the drum sounds aren't up to what i would like them to be, but after tweaking it with for 2 months, i don't hate them anymore, but i think they can be better, i just don't know how. hehe.

Aypok : I did a rock/metal remix back in 2007 too. From the R.C Grandprix music. It wasn't a favorite. hehe. But i really like the solo section from that song.

Hope you enjoy the AKMW album. Thanks for supporting my music. It's much appreciated. :)

And if you get EZD and need any help, just shoot a pm, ok ?
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!