SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Has Anybody...

Reply to topic
Consolemu
Has Anybody...
Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 5:40 am
Has anybody noticed the new Master System emulator, Dega? I read about it at www.zophar.net, downloaded it, and I was amazed. Somehow the emulator can examine certain frequencies of the PSG chip and playback different samples in realtime...so basically it sounds tight as hell. There's also an option where you can make it look like a real TV screen...Not the common blur & scanline technique. Although this post doesn't hone in on SMS development, I think everyone that flows through this site should stop everything and try this emulator. I'm still amazed by it.

Chris :o)

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:13 am
Yep, the 'Dave' posting on the boards in the last day or so is the author. Take a bow, Dave.

My initial reaction to Dega was irritation with the 'enhanced' PSG (purist that I am), but once I disabled it and and played around with it a bit I was quite impressed with it (okay, so an emulator that runs fullspeed on my p3-600 isn't too revolutionary, the real test should be how well it runs on the work computer). And the red/blue 3d glasses filter is a nice improvement on BRSMS's.
Shaka
Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:19 am
honestely.. (and i don't mean to flame/hurt anyone here..), but i don't understand all this talk about Dega.. it is a fairly good SMS emulator for Windows.. and the PSG enhancement sound great for those who like improvments over the real thing.. (not me.. i dont even turn on FM sound on meka.. because it sound estrange to me, i hate eagle/2xsai stuff... scanlines is great however..), and the blue/red 3d thingy is on Brsms for a long time now..

in opinion i would put Dega in the same degree of Chasms and NeoSMS..
(both are good.. have unique features, are for windows.., but it is not as good as Meka.. in my opinion..)

as i said.. Dega is a great work..
but it was exactely what i expected.. (maybe because i'm/was a Dgen/Dtmnt/FB user..)

anyway..
good job Dave..
hope to see you make me take back my words.. :)

--Shaka
http://shaka.deep-ice.com

> Yep, the 'Dave' posting on the boards in the last day or so is the author. Take a bow, Dave.

> My initial reaction to Dega was irritation with the 'enhanced' PSG (purist that I am), but once I disabled it and and played around with it a bit I was quite impressed with it (okay, so an emulator that runs fullspeed on my p3-600 isn't too revolutionary, the real test should be how well it runs on the work computer). And the red/blue 3d glasses filter is a nice improvement on BRSMS's.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!