Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Meka 0.80 with new sound engine *TESTERS WANTED!*

Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:56 pm
Another error that MEKA was given for me!

When de-activate the last option in meka.cfg its give the following error:

Erro: o usuário gosta de Ni****do.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:58 pm
That was supposed to be a joke...
Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:17 pm
Last edited by RodolfoRG on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bock wrote
Do the Allegro audio samples works for you?

Er... no ;)

But I saw that pulseaudio was not installed. After doing that (and a session restart), it opens and works.

As somebody already said: yes, it _can_ be slow when on GUI, not just game.
Here, when Meka is fullscreen and it's showing GUI, it's always slow.
But sometimes, even when Meka is windowed, it's slow too...
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:21 pm
RodolfoRG wrote
Er... no ;)

Ouch..... then Allegro or this particular version may be broken?
I'm being troubled by Allegro.. almost considering switching to SDL (or?) but it will be a fair amount of work again.
Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:30 pm
Bock wrote
Ouch..... then Allegro or this particular version may be broken?

I've built it myself, and just for this, so... =/ Anyway, I edited my previous post. Check there please.

Bock wrote
I'm being troubled by Allegro.. almost considering switching to SDL (or?) but it will be a fair amount of work again.

Again, I'd appretiate that ;) I don't know Allegro, but I code SDL a lot...
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:10 pm
Its not very fast either on my work computer so i'll have a look at that when i have time.
  • Site Admin
Faster build?
Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:33 pm
Last edited by Bock on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
Can you guys test this version and tell me if it runs faster?
Also please open the MESSAGE box in the GUI and take a screenshot of it so I can see the profiling information.

Thanks!

*DELETED* see next build
Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:34 pm
Bock wrote
Can you guys test this version and tell me if it runs faster?
Also please open the MESSAGE box in the GUI and take a screenshot of it so I can see the profiling information.

Attached .exe only, use it over the latest full build posted above.

Thanks!

Hiya. I#m a total noob so this is maybe something obvious but I get this:

MEKA 0.80-alpha (built Nov 5 2011 17:20:27)
(c) 1998-2011 Omar Cornut (Bock) and contributors
--
Loading MEKA.MSG (messages)..
Language "English" is incomplete (358/359 messages found) !
The following messages are missing:
MSG_Menu_Tools_CheatFinder
This is the default language, so we need to abort.

The previous build worked ok for me. I'm on a dual core laptop with Windows XP SP3. :)

PS: First post! I actually only joined up to thank you for the last build as now I can finally use MEKA with decent sound. So, thanks. :)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:58 pm
Last edited by Bock on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
How sorry you are right, i hadn't posted a new build since I added the cheat finder. For now you can quickly edit meka.msg and add a dummy line for said message.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:09 pm
Updated the post above with the full package for the new version (with Cheat Finder).
Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:20 pm
Bock wrote
Updated the post above with the full package for the new version (with Cheat Finder).

Phew! I just read your first reply and thought "how the feck do I make a dummy link!?" Then I saw your second reply. Thanks. :)
Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:29 am
Funny, I got that message about the cheat finder message as well - I had done "svn up" on the srcs directory and not the base directory. The messages are in the base directory and also needed updating before it would include the message. And the lesson, boys and girls, is to always do "svn up" from the BASE of the project! :)
Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:22 am
Hmm. Well, now things are worse. The new build doesn't load at all for me now. I double click the icon and then, pretty much instantly, a Microsoft error report dialogue pops up with the choice to either send the report or not. That's it. I re-downloaded just in case but no go. :(
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:47 am
Same here.
Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:58 am
I tried grabbing the error report but it only stays in my temp folder until I close the error report dialogue. If I try to open or copy it while the dialogue is open Windows kindly tells me that another process is using it...

However, looking at what little I can see it seems the file is called Appcompat something or other. Don't know if that helps.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:58 am
Is anybody able to compile the Windows version and use it with a debugger to track down the issue?
Does the windows with the initialization log shows?

*EDIT* OK i've got the crash it on a vanilla install, i'm looking into it.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:00 pm
Try deleting mekaw.cfg ?
Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:00 pm
Bock wrote
...Does the windows with the initialization log shows?

Yes, it does for me. It then goes to a black window then closes.

Sorry, but I've no idea how to compile programs. It's the noob in me. :(

EDIT: Deleting the cfg seems to have done the trick. I'll keep playing around.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:06 pm
Bug was related to disabling sound (the sound was disabled in the .cfg i provided the build with, in fact a lot of settings were weird in that .cfg file so I have deleted it now)
  • Site Admin
Faster build? [here]
Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:12 pm
This build has the fix and some tweaks I made to the new Cheat Finder this morning. I am gonna rework the Cheat Finder a bit more because adding all the comparer operators made it a bit confusing to use IHMO.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:58 am
I've been playing around with the latest build this morning and so far all seems to run well. I haven't tried out the cheat finder yet though.

I've got a couple of questions if that's okay. How easy would it be to add scanline emulation back in? I realise it's probably not that high on your list of things to do but I really miss it!

Also, I'm not sure if this is a fault of MEKA but I find there is a little screen tearing even when vsync is on. Especially when I hook my laptop up to my TV. Kega Fusion runs smooth as a baby's bum... Is there something I can change in the gonfig to remedy this?
Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:01 pm
I've come across a strange thing. I have 2 identical laptops (Compaq NC6400) but for some reason the test builds of MEKA seem to have stopped performing so well on one of them. On one machine the emu runs flawlessly and it's really smooth. On the other it boots up okay but the emu chugs along every second or so. It's almost like there's some kind of bad frameskipping going on.

It happens as soon as the emu boots up even before a game is loading. The first 'skip' happens as the menu options are scrolling onto the GUI during boot up. I've downloaded it a couple of times and I've removed the meka.cfg file too.

I've don't know if it's the emu or if I have some nefarious software that I've forgotten about. Just thought I'd let you know anyway.
Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:49 pm
I attach a patch to compile meka svn r341 under Fedora 15/x86_64 following the suggestions I found in this thread, including RodolfoRG quick and dirty fix. The makefile part should be fine but you still have to rename Z80DebugHelpers.cpp to Z80DebugHelpers.c.
meka-r341.txt (3.56 KB)
Patch to compile meka r341 under F15/x86_64

3D anaglyph support
Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:11 am
I've tested the last version and it works well for me.
I have a question?

Why don't add sega 3d glasses emulation with a normal anaglyph glasses and/or with the new 3d glasses technology?
Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:27 am
with musuruan's patch MEKA compiles and runs on a 64-bit Arch Linux. the few games I've tried work well.

a few things, however:
it crashes when alt+tabbed with 'Unable to switch to desired video mode', regardless of the screen resolution set in .cfg file.
aww, no hearts are floating in 'Girl Power' theme. it's a deal-breaker for me. :p
similarly, there's no spakling effect under the mouse cursor in 'Bloodlust' theme.

now, a feature request: resizeable gui windows. it doesn't look good in a high resolution now. I understand it would be very low priority for now, I'm just mentioning it as a thought for the future.

also, would you be interested in adding another language? I am willing to translate the app to my mother tongue, if you accept translation submissions.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:10 am
Shion wrote
Why don't add sega 3d glasses emulation with a normal anaglyph glasses and/or with the new 3d glasses technology?

It is in the TODO list but probably not a priority right now. Hopefully later :)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:14 am
thr wrote
a few things, however:
it crashes when alt+tabbed with 'Unable to switch to desired video mode', regardless of the screen resolution set in .cfg file.

Are you able to test if Allegro sample applications also have a similar problem?

aww, no hearts are floating in 'Girl Power' theme. it's a deal-breaker for me. :p
similarly, there's no spakling effect under the mouse cursor in 'Bloodlust' theme.

Yes sorry they were causing problem because of the way they were implemented (plotting and reading a lot of individual pixels from the CPUto buffers which are not in VRAM). Again that is pretty low priority but if I'm in the mood someday I'll add them back :)

now, a feature request: resizeable gui windows. it doesn't look good in a high resolution now. I understand it would be very low priority for now, I'm just mentioning it as a thought for the future.

Currently in meka.cfg there is a 'game_window_scale = 1.00' setting you can change. I intend to allow to resize the game screen in the interface but probably not the other windows.

also, would you be interested in adding another language? I am willing to translate the app to my mother tongue, if you accept translation submissions.

Yes but be aware that MEKA currently only display basic latin/european alphabet. What language were you thinking about?
If you have a patch to add to .msg Its easy for me to add it in. Thanks!
Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:14 am
Bock wrote
Are you able to test if Allegro sample applications also have a similar problem?

if you're talking about the examples bundled with Allegro 5, the only one relevant in this case seems to be 'ex_display_options', and it does go fullscreen with 'FS window 800x600'. the other fullscreen modes change the desktop resolution, but it's a fake fullscreen, my desktop panels are still visible (just like the 'esc' fullscreen in MEKA). no crashes either way, though.
Yes sorry they were causing problem because of the way they were implemented (plotting and reading a lot of individual pixels from the CPUto buffers which are not in VRAM). Again that is pretty low priority but if I'm in the mood someday I'll add them back :)

please do, if only for the 'wow effect'. floating hearts are a defining point of MEKA. :p seriously, these extra touches add a lot, and I was actually hoping to see more themes with this kind of stuff, not less. ;-(
Currently in meka.cfg there is a 'game_window_scale = 1.00' setting you can change. I intend to allow to resize the game screen in the interface but probably not the other windows.

they are really small, and the text is almost unreadable at higher resolutions. just consider this option for the distant future. :-)
Yes but be aware that MEKA currently only display basic latin/european alphabet. What language were you thinking about?
If you have a patch to add to .msg Its easy for me to add it in. Thanks!

I was thinking of the Polish language. if you're using UTF-8, I guess it should be OK, unless I'm missing something.

edit: edited for brevity.
PL language patch
Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:31 am
hey buddy, here's the translation I've promised. like you said, no diacritics are displayed, and the text is cut whenever a letter with an accent should be printed. but I see it's the same deal with all languages which use accents, so you're probably going to fix this in due time.

on a side note, remember when I was talking about MEKA crashing when alt+tabbed? well, I was talking rubbish. I meant it was crashing when trying to go fullscreen with alt+enter, not when alt+tabbed. I must've been tired or something. hope you didn't waste time hunting for this non-existent issue. T_T sorry for the confusion.
mekaPL.txt (32.89 KB)

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:09 pm
Can you post your copy of your meka.msg file?
I can't get accents to show with Firefox using any settings.

I fixed the accents in meka.msg by converting it from European codepage to UTF-8. If you update your copy of MEKA see if you can get your patch to work.
Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:34 am
Bock wrote
Can you post your copy of your meka.msg file?
I can't get accents to show with Firefox using any settings.

I fixed the accents in meka.msg by converting it from European codepage to UTF-8. If you update your copy of MEKA see if you can get your patch to work.

aww, this sucks, but it looks like MEKA would have to support Latin Extended for this particular language to work. heh, you mentioned that it supports Basic Latin only, so I should've done my research before I got to it. ;)
I've been playing around a bit since you fixed the accents, and I see that Latin-1 supplement characters are also rendered correctly, so it looks like MEKA understands either ISO 8859-1, or 1252 codepage, right? should you decide to extend the supported charset sometime in the future, I'll upload the proper translation then.
in the meantime, here's a transliteration into basic Latin alphabet. it does look a bit unprofessional without accents, but it's perfectly readable, and perhaps may still be of use for someone. there was no need to make a proper patch, a simple copy paste will do, if you decide to use it the way it is.

edit: ah, just noticed that you're using a custom bitmap font. guess that explains it. it would take some work to expand the charset. and your reservations about scaling gui windows make sense now. ;) well, I can only hope that you'll get to migrating to vector fonts someday. but don't rush it, you're doing a great job anyway. :)
mekaPL.txt (31.47 KB)

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:30 pm
This patch will take CFLAGS from the shell if set. This is very useful for various distributions that wants to set them as they like.

Anyway, using this patch, with the CFLAGS fedora uses, I get a buffer overflow when starting meka.

$ cd 20110530-allegro5-sound/srcs/
$ export CFLAGS="$(rpm --eval %{optflags})"
$ echo $CFLAGS
-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic
$ make
[...]
$ cd ..
$ ./meka
MEKA 0.80-alpha (c) 1998-2011 Omar Cornut (Bock) and contributors
--
*** buffer overflow detected ***: ./meka terminated
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib64/libc.so.6(__fortify_fail+0x37)[0x306fef7e27]
/lib64/libc.so.6[0x306fef5e50]
/lib64/libc.so.6[0x306fef647b]
./meka[0x42e051]
./meka[0x404029]
/lib64/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xed)[0x306fe2139d]
./meka[0x4047fd]
======= Memory map: ========
00400000-00472000 r-xp 00000000 08:06 14026488                           /home/andrea/devel/prg/meka/20110530-allegro5-sound/meka
00671000-00674000 rw-p 00071000 08:06 14026488                           /home/andrea/devel/prg/meka/20110530-allegro5-sound/meka
00674000-008f2000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0
00ea5000-00ec6000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0                                  [heap]
306fa00000-306fa1f000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1048596                        /lib64/ld-2.14.so
306fc1e000-306fc1f000 r--p 0001e000 08:03 1048596                        /lib64/ld-2.14.so
306fc1f000-306fc20000 rw-p 0001f000 08:03 1048596                        /lib64/ld-2.14.so
306fc20000-306fc21000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0
306fe00000-306ff8f000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1048670                        /lib64/libc-2.14.so
306ff8f000-307018f000 ---p 0018f000 08:03 1048670                        /lib64/libc-2.14.so
307018f000-3070193000 r--p 0018f000 08:03 1048670                        /lib64/libc-2.14.so
3070193000-3070194000 rw-p 00193000 08:03 1048670                        /lib64/libc-2.14.so
3070194000-307019a000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0
3070200000-3070216000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1049827                        /lib64/libpthread-2.14.so
3070216000-3070415000 ---p 00016000 08:03 1049827                        /lib64/libpthread-2.14.so
3070415000-3070416000 r--p 00015000 08:03 1049827                        /lib64/libpthread-2.14.so
3070416000-3070417000 rw-p 00016000 08:03 1049827                        /lib64/libpthread-2.14.so
3070417000-307041b000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0
3070600000-3070602000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1049845                        /lib64/libdl-2.14.so
3070602000-3070802000 ---p 00002000 08:03 1049845                        /lib64/libdl-2.14.so
3070802000-3070803000 r--p 00002000 08:03 1049845                        /lib64/libdl-2.14.so
3070803000-3070804000 rw-p 00003000 08:03 1049845                        /lib64/libdl-2.14.so
3070a00000-3070a07000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1050436                        /lib64/librt-2.14.so
3070a07000-3070c06000 ---p 00007000 08:03 1050436                        /lib64/librt-2.14.so
3070c06000-3070c07000 r--p 00006000 08:03 1050436                        /lib64/librt-2.14.so
3070c07000-3070c08000 rw-p 00007000 08:03 1050436                        /lib64/librt-2.14.so
3070e00000-3070e83000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1048674                        /lib64/libm-2.14.so
3070e83000-3071082000 ---p 00083000 08:03 1048674                        /lib64/libm-2.14.so
3071082000-3071083000 r--p 00082000 08:03 1048674                        /lib64/libm-2.14.so
3071083000-3071084000 rw-p 00083000 08:03 1048674                        /lib64/libm-2.14.so
3071200000-3071244000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1712447                        /usr/lib64/libopenal.so.1.12.854
3071244000-3071443000 ---p 00044000 08:03 1712447                        /usr/lib64/libopenal.so.1.12.854
3071443000-3071445000 rw-p 00043000 08:03 1712447                        /usr/lib64/libopenal.so.1.12.854
3071445000-3071456000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0
3072600000-3072617000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1050386                        /lib64/libresolv-2.14.so
3072617000-3072817000 ---p 00017000 08:03 1050386                        /lib64/libresolv-2.14.so
3072817000-3072818000 r--p 00017000 08:03 1050386                        /lib64/libresolv-2.14.so
3072818000-3072819000 rw-p 00018000 08:03 1050386                        /lib64/libresolv-2.14.so
3072819000-307281b000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0
3073a00000-3073a02000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1735959                        /usr/lib64/libXau.so.6.0.0
3073a02000-3073c02000 ---p 00002000 08:03 1735959                        /usr/lib64/libXau.so.6.0.0
3073c02000-3073c03000 rw-p 00002000 08:03 1735959                        /usr/lib64/libXau.so.6.0.0
3073e00000-3073e1b000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1738001                        /usr/lib64/libxcb.so.1.1.0
3073e1b000-307401a000 ---p 0001b000 08:03 1738001                        /usr/lib64/libxcb.so.1.1.0
307401a000-307401b000 rw-p 0001a000 08:03 1738001                        /usr/lib64/libxcb.so.1.1.0
3079200000-3079242000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1050558                        /lib64/libdbus-1.so.3.5.4
3079242000-3079442000 ---p 00042000 08:03 1050558                        /lib64/libdbus-1.so.3.5.4
3079442000-3079443000 r--p 00042000 08:03 1050558                        /lib64/libdbus-1.so.3.5.4
3079443000-3079444000 rw-p 00043000 08:03 1050558                        /lib64/libdbus-1.so.3.5.4
307aa00000-307aa04000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1050539                        /lib64/libuuid.so.1.3.0
307aa04000-307ac03000 ---p 00004000 08:03 1050539                        /lib64/libuuid.so.1.3.0
307ac03000-307ac04000 rw-p 00003000 08:03 1050539                        /lib64/libuuid.so.1.3.0
307c200000-307c4b3000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1740223                        /usr/lib64/libvorbisenc.so.2.0.8
307c4b3000-307c6b2000 ---p 002b3000 08:03 1740223                        /usr/lib64/libvorbisenc.so.2.0.8
307c6b2000-307c6ce000 rw-p 002b2000 08:03 1740223                        /usr/lib64/libvorbisenc.so.2.0.8
307d200000-307d217000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1740201                        /usr/lib64/libICE.so.6.3.0
307d217000-307d416000 ---p 00017000 08:03 1740201                        /usr/lib64/libICE.so.6.3.0
307d416000-307d417000 rw-p 00016000 08:03 1740201                        /usr/lib64/libICE.so.6.3.0
307d417000-307d41b000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0
307d600000-307d607000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1740202                        /usr/lib64/libSM.so.6.0.1
307d607000-307d806000 ---p 00007000 08:03 1740202                        /usr/lib64/libSM.so.6.0.1
307d806000-307d807000 rw-p 00006000 08:03 1740202                        /usr/lib64/libSM.so.6.0.1
307e200000-307e260000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1740355                        /usr/lib64/libsndfile.so.1.0.25
307e260000-307e460000 ---p 00060000 08:03 1740355                        /usr/lib64/libsndfile.so.1.0.25
307e460000-307e463000 rw-p 00060000 08:03 1740355                        /usr/lib64/libsndfile.so.1.0.25
307e463000-307e467000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0
307e600000-307e608000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1050626                        /lib64/libwrap.so.0.7.6
307e608000-307e807000 ---p 00008000 08:03 1050626                        /lib64/libwrap.so.0.7.6
307e807000-307e809000 rw-p 00007000 08:03 1050626                        /lib64/libwrap.so.0.7.6
307fa00000-307fa05000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1708136                        /usr/lib64/libasyncns.so.0.3.1
307fa05000-307fc04000 ---p 00005000 08:03 1708136                        /usr/lib64/libasyncns.so.0.3.1
307fc04000-307fc05000 rw-p 00004000 08:03 1708136                        /usr/lib64/libasyncns.so.0.3.1
3080600000-308063b000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1705650                        /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so.62.0.0
308063b000-308083b000 ---p 0003b000 08:03 1705650                        /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so.62.0.0
308083b000-308083c000 rw-p 0003b000 08:03 1705650                        /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so.62.0.0
308083c000-308084c000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0
3080a00000-3080a39000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1739934                        /usr/lib64/libFLAC.so.8.2.0
3080a39000-3080c38000 ---p 00039000 08:03 1739934                        /usr/lib64/libFLAC.so.8.2.0
3080c38000-3080c3a000 rw-p 00038000 08:03 1739934                        /usr/lib64/libFLAC.so.8.2.0
3081200000-3081206000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1740221                        /usr/lib64/libogg.so.0.7.1
3081206000-3081405000 ---p 00006000 08:03 1740221                        /usr/lib64/libogg.so.0.7.1
3081405000-3081406000 rw-p 00005000 08:03 1740221                        /usr/lib64/libogg.so.0.7.1
3081a00000-3081a2c000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1740222                        /usr/lib64/libvorbis.so.0.4.5
3081a2c000-3081c2b000 ---p 0002c000 08:03 1740222                        /usr/lib64/libvorbis.so.0.4.5
3081c2b000-3081c2c000 rw-p 0002b000 08:03 1740222                        /usr/lib64/libvorbis.so.0.4.5
3083600000-3083616000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1055540                        /lib64/libnsl-2.14.so
3083616000-3083815000 ---p 00016000 08:03 1055540                        /lib64/libnsl-2.14.so
3083815000-3083816000 r--p 00015000 08:03 1055540                        /lib64/libnsl-2.14.so
3083816000-3083817000 rw-p 00016000 08:03 1055540                        /lib64/libnsl-2.14.so
3083817000-3083819000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0
3083e00000-3083e03000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1740215                        /usr/lib64/libxcb-atom.so.1.0.0
3083e03000-3084002000 ---p 00003000 08:03 1740215                        /usr/lib64/libxcb-atom.so.1.0.0
3084002000-3084003000 rw-p 00002000 08:03 1740215                        /usr/lib64/libxcb-atom.so.1.0.0
3b3f400000-3b3f415000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1050366                        /lib64/libgcc_s-4.6.1-20110908.so.1
3b3f415000-3b3f614000 ---p 00015000 08:03 1050366                        /lib64/libgcc_s-4.6.1-20110908.so.1
3b3f614000-3b3f615000 rw-p 00014000 08:03 1050366                        /lib64/libgcc_s-4.6.1-20110908.so.1
3b3f800000-3b3f939000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1708177                        /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6.3.0
3b3f939000-3b3fb38000 ---p 00139000 08:03 1708177                        /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6.3.0
3b3fb38000-3b3fb3e000 rw-p 00138000 08:03 1708177                        /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6.3.0
3b3fc00000-3b3fc11000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1712663                        /usr/lib64/libXext.so.6.4.0
3b3fc11000-3b3fe11000 ---p 00011000 08:03 1712663                        /usr/lib64/libXext.so.6.4.0
3b3fe11000-3b3fe12000 rw-p 00011000 08:03 1712663                        /usr/lib64/libXext.so.6.4.0
3b40400000-3b40405000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1712667                        /usr/lib64/libXfixes.so.3.1.0
3b40405000-3b40605000 ---p 00005000 08:03 1712667                        /usr/lib64/libXfixes.so.3.1.0
3b40605000-3b40606000 rw-p 00005000 08:03 1712667                        /usr/lib64/libXfixes.so.3.1.0
3b40800000-3b40809000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1708472                        /usr/lib64/libXrender.so.1.3.0
3b40809000-3b40a09000 ---p 00009000 08:03 1708472                        /usr/lib64/libXrender.so.1.3.0
3b40a09000-3b40a0a000 rw-p 00009000 08:03 1708472                        /usr/lib64/libXrender.so.1.3.0
3b40c00000-3b40c02000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1712670                        /usr/lib64/libXdamage.so.1.1.0
3b40c02000-3b40e01000 ---p 00002000 08:03 1712670                        /usr/lib64/libXdamage.so.1.1.0
3b40e01000-3b40e02000 rw-p 00001000 08:03 1712670                        /usr/lib64/libXdamage.so.1.1.0
3b41000000-3b41009000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1712668                        /usr/lib64/libXcursor.so.1.0.2
3b41009000-3b41209000 ---p 00009000 08:03 1712668                        /usr/lib64/libXcursor.so.1.0.2
3b41209000-3b4120a000 rw-p 00009000 08:03 1712668                        /usr/lib64/libXcursor.so.1.0.2
3b41400000-3b41408000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1712666                        /usr/lib64/libXrandr.so.2.2.0
3b41408000-3b41607000 ---p 00008000 08:03 1712666                        /usr/lib64/libXrandr.so.2.2.0
3b41607000-3b41608000 rw-p 00007000 08:03 1712666                        /usr/lib64/libXrandr.so.2.2.0
3b41800000-3b41802000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1712664                        /usr/lib64/libXinerama.so.1.0.0
3b41802000-3b41a01000 ---p 00002000 08:03 1712664                        /usr/lib64/libXinerama.so.1.0.0
3b41a01000-3b41a02000 rw-p 00001000 08:03 1712664                        /usr/lib64/libXinerama.so.1.0.0
3b42800000-3b428e8000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1712673                        /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6.0.16
3b428e8000-3b42ae8000 ---p 000e8000 08:03 1712673                        /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6.0.16
3b42ae8000-3b42af0000 r--p 000e8000 08:03 1712673                        /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6.0.16
3b42af0000-3b42af2000 rw-p 000f0000 08:03 1712673                        /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6.0.16
3b42af2000-3b42b07000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0
3b43800000-3b438ea000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1049146                        /lib64/libasound.so.2.0.0
3b438ea000-3b43ae9000 ---p 000ea000 08:03 1049146                        /lib64/libasound.so.2.0.0
3b43ae9000-3b43af1000 rw-p 000e9000 08:03 1049146                        /lib64/libasound.so.2.0.0
3b44800000-3b44810000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1712757                        /usr/lib64/libXpm.so.4.11.0
3b44810000-3b44a10000 ---p 00010000 08:03 1712757                        /usr/lib64/libXpm.so.4.11.0
3b44a10000-3b44a11000 rw-p 00010000 08:03 1712757                        /usr/lib64/libXpm.so.4.11.0
3b44c00000-3b44c05000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1708037                        /usr/lib64/libXxf86vm.so.1.0.0
3b44c05000-3b44e04000 ---p 00005000 08:03 1708037                        /usr/lib64/libXxf86vm.so.1.0.0
3b44e04000-3b44e05000 rw-p 00004000 08:03 1708037                        /usr/lib64/libXxf86vm.so.1.0.0
3b45400000-3b45401000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1712936                        /usr/lib64/libX11-xcb.so.1.0.0
3b45401000-3b45600000 ---p 00001000 08:03 1712936                        /usr/lib64/libX11-xcb.so.1.0.0
3b45600000-3b45601000 rw-p 00000000 08:03 1712936                        /usr/lib64/libX11-xcb.so.1.0.0
3ba4000000-3ba406e000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1735734                        /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1.2
3ba406e000-3ba426d000 ---p 0006e000 08:03 1735734                        /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1.2
3ba426d000-3ba427a000 rw-p 0006d000 08:03 1735734                        /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1.2
3ba427a000-3ba427d000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0
3ba4400000-3ba440a000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1735469                        /usr/lib64/libdrm.so.2.4.0
3ba440a000-3ba4609000 ---p 0000a000 08:03 1735469                        /usr/lib64/libdrm.so.2.4.0
3ba4609000-3ba460a000 rw-p 00009000 08:03 1735469                        /usr/lib64/libdrm.so.2.4.0
3ba4800000-3ba486b000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1712741                        /usr/lib64/libGLU.so.1.3.071100
3ba486b000-3ba4a6a000 ---p 0006b000 08:03 1712741                        /usr/lib64/libGLU.so.1.3.071100
3ba4a6a000-3ba4a6c000 rw-p 0006a000 08:03 1712741                        /usr/lib64/libGLU.so.1.3.071100
3c10e00000-3c10e16000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1063565                        /lib64/libz.so.1.2.5
3c10e16000-3c11016000 ---p 00016000 08:03 1063565                        /lib64/libz.so.1.2.5
3c11016000-3c11017000 rw-p 00016000 08:03 1063565                        /lib64/libz.so.1.2.5
3c11600000-3c11626000 r-xp 00000000 08:03 1705786                        /usr/lib64/libpng12.so.0.46.0
3c11626000-3c11826000 ---p 00026000 08:03 1705786                        /usr/lib64/libpng12.so.0.46.0Annullato (core dumped)

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:40 pm
musuruan wrote
This patch will take CFLAGS from the shell if set. This is very useful for various distributions that wants to set them as they like.

Anyway, using this patch, with the CFLAGS fedora uses, I get a buffer overflow when starting meka.

Could you trace with GDB or provide a callstack with symbols?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:41 pm
thr: I committed your translation now. Please also provide a version with the accents as an incentive for me to fix it :) eventually will want to add languages such as Japanese so I imagine then it will support all funky accents alltogether.
Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:42 pm
Bock wrote
Could you trace with GDB or provide a callstack with symbols?

I'm a newbie about gdb, but it seems meka stops here:

(gdb) step
Filenames_Init () at file.c:93
93   {
(gdb) step
95       getcwd (g_env.Paths.StartingDirectory, countof(g_env.Paths.StartingDirectory));
(gdb) step
getcwd (__size=512, __buf=0x68fce0 "") at /usr/include/bits/unistd.h:211
211     return __getcwd_alias (__buf, __size);
(gdb) step
^[[AFilenames_Init () at file.c:98
98       strcpy (g_env.Paths.EmulatorDirectory, g_env.argv[0]);
(gdb) step
strcpy (__src=<optimized>, __dest=<optimized>)
    at /usr/include/bits/string3.h:105
105     return __builtin___strcpy_chk (__dest, __src, __bos (__dest));
(gdb) step
Filenames_Init () at file.c:102
102       char* p = strrchr (g_env.Paths.EmulatorDirectory, '/');
(gdb) step
strrchr (__c=47, __s=<optimized>) at /usr/include/string.h:251
251     return __builtin_strrchr (__s, __c);
(gdb) step
Filenames_Init () at file.c:103
103       if (p)
(gdb) step
104           *p = EOSTR;
(gdb) step
115           strcpy (temp, g_env.Paths.EmulatorDirectory);
(gdb) step
strcpy (__src=<optimized>,
    __dest=0x7fffffffdf80 "\360\340\377\377\377\177")
    at /usr/include/bits/string3.h:105
105     return __builtin___strcpy_chk (__dest, __src, __bos (__dest));
(gdb) step
Filenames_Init () at file.c:116
116           realpath (temp, g_env.Paths.EmulatorDirectory);
(gdb) step
realpath (__resolved=<optimized>,
    __name=0x7fffffffdf80 "/home/andrea/devel/prg/meka/20110530-allegro5-sound") at /usr/include/bits/stdlib.h:46
46         return __realpath_chk (__name, __resolved, __bos (__resolved));
(gdb) step
*** buffer overflow detected ***: /home/andrea/devel/prg/meka/20110530-allegro5-sound/meka terminated
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib64/libc.so.6(__fortify_fail+0x37)[0x306fef7e27]
/lib64/libc.so.6[0x306fef5e50]
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:07 pm
Can you SVN update now and check if its fixed? Thanks.
Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:31 pm
Bock wrote
Can you SVN update now and check if its fixed? Thanks.

The bug seems solved with the latest svn.

Can you please apply to svn the "meka-r345-cflags.patch.txt" patch? Thanks!
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:40 pm
musuruan wrote
Can you please apply to svn the "meka-r345-cflags.patch.txt" patch? Thanks!

Sorry this is applied now.
  • Site Admin
New build: meka-2012-01-14-win32-proto.zip
Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:47 pm
Attached
Since 2011/11/06 build
- Linux portability patches
- Added Polish language [thr]
- Fixed accent in European languages
- Debugger: added support for SJASM and TASM symbol formats.
- Updated checksum and compatibility list
- Filebrowser: display a JP flag on JP/KR or JP/TW releases in database.

• Site Admin
New build: meka-2012-01-22-win32-proto-rom_breakpoints.zip
Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:29 pm
Last edited by Bock on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
This version adds support for breakpoints specified given a ROM address. It reverse map the CPU address automaitcally to find out if an accessed address match a ROM address.

Because I had to change quite a few things in the breakpoint system I am wondering if I may have broken any other features in breakpoint. Please let me knw if you find anything.

Note:
- It should work with every mappers (hopefully).
- ROM breakpoints are slower to evaluate than regular CPU space breakpoints.
- The little '!' mark denoting a breakpoint in the interactive disassembly is not supported yet for ROM breakpoints.
- Symbols exported by WLA including a bank specification are always converted to CPU space address when parsing. I would like eventually to detect it when parsing a symbol in the context of a ROM breakpoint so that "b rom symbolsomewherefarinrom" would work. However my guess is that ROM breakpoints are mainly useful for reverse engineering and not much for development so it doesn't feel like a priority.
rom_breakpoints.png (6.39 KB)
rom_breakpoints.png

• Site Admin
New build: meka-2012-02-05-win32-proto.zip
Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 pm
This is a fix of the build above (there was a crash under certain conditions using the ROM breakpoints functionalities).

I also added a new "STACK" command which display stack memory in a way to help visualize return addresses or other values.
stack.png (2.29 KB)
stack.png

• Site Admin
New build: meka-2012-02-16-win32-proto.zip
Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:39 am
This build adds support for about ~15 new dumps that should be released within the month.

Ubuntu
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:46 am
Well, I've compiled and 'make install'ed Allegro 5, no problems, quick download and build, then build meka from the svn repository, url from 1st post.

No errors, but when I run meka I get:

"
./meka: error while loading shared libraries: liballegro_image.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
"

$PATH included the dir in which that object is, and I even tried to copy/paste the .so file to current folder, for definitively getting that option out of the way.

Same message. Ideas ?
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:30 am
Ok, running ldconfig as root did the job.

But it is really slow, even unthrottling it as others did. (8 FPS, and the shortcut for showing fps is Alt + F, not Ctrl + F, at least in linux).

BTW, I tried to post the mpg capture but it is now allowed ? It's a 7MB file.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:09 am
Hmm can you try different video drivers in the .cfg file to test?
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:43 pm
What are my options ? Directx isn't available.

I THINK I managed to run it with allegro5 as a driver, not certain because later then the cfg seemed to change (meka does that automatically ?), but even with this driver the FPS is the same.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:44 pm
If you guys allow mpg you can see it by yourselves.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:24 pm
I don't need to see a low FPS running MEKA really :)
There's opengl and opengl30 i believe. If the .cfg data gets reverted it means the string doesn't match any driver.
It is slow in game mode (ESC) also or only GUI mode?
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:46 pm
I installed everything on a new machine, and now I can't execute Meka with sound, it gives:

- Initializing sound card @ 44100 Hz - Error opening Audio system. Try a different card and/or sample rate.

Now, if I disable sound, I achieve 60FPS!

I forgot to do that simple test at home, later I will tell you if this works there too.

At least the culprit seems to be clear: sound oh sound.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:52 pm
Bock wrote
It is slow in game mode (ESC) also or only GUI mode?

The two.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!