Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Sega 8-bit picture database?

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Sega 8-bit picture database?
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:25 pm
I have about ~5000 pictures I saved over the year (a lot from auctions of rare/odd stuff). About half of them are roughly sorted. I would like to upload them somewhere where they could be tagged (eg.: Korean, Peripheral, Prototype, SC-3000, Educational Softs, Flyer, Silver Cartridge, etc..) and accessible by everyone.

Do you know of a website that would satisfy this flexibility, or perhaps a PHP/etc. script that we could install to host and generate this mass of pictures?

Ideally it would be great if we could integrate it close to the website and use a tagging system similar to the one we use for games etc.
Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:57 am
I've been thinking about something like that for guardiana.
Will ask the webmaster if he can add such feature easily.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:05 am
Within the current site, we could set up a group for this and then do one of:

1. Allow public editing
2. Allow logged in users to edit
3. We currently have a mechanism for applying AJAX-style checkboxes to pages, which might work well if we have a predefined list of tags. It'd bypass the existing tag system, though.
4. I could look for, or perhaps write (I didn't find anything suitable yet), an addon for easier (AJAX-style?) tagging. It'd insert the tag syntax into the page (or remove it) from a form on the regular view of the page, with various access control options.

Bulk-importing pictures would be fairly easy, you just need to define a small text file for each to make them show up in the site.

We could then link images to games if we wanted to integrate it further, and then we could show these references in game pages, for example (similar to how videos show up).
Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:41 am
This sounds like a cool idea. When I get my mirror set up I may be able to work something out for you guys. I will have a think and a tinker.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!