Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - How do I get the music & sounds to play on my computer???

Reply to topic
Nick Galvan
How do I get the music & sounds to play on my computer???
Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:50 pm
How do I get the music and sounds to play on my computer when I play SMS games? I downloaded the config061 for Meka and Meka 061. The games will play but never any sound is produced. I'm using windows Me and even tried downloading the VDM sound things and they wont work eaither. :( Its just not the same without the music and sounds. I had this system as a kid and really missed playing it. Anyone know how I would be able to get music and sounds to play on my computer???

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 11:20 pm
> How do I get the music and sounds to play on my computer when I play SMS games? I downloaded the config061 for Meka and Meka 061. The games will play but never any sound is produced.

In Meka Configurator, try changing the sound card setting on the Sound tab. The one most likely to work is the Sound Blaster setting.

Also, you need to check that your sound card works properly with Dos programs like Meka. Look in the sound card configuration (in the Control Panel, or try pressing Ctrl+Break and look for it on the hardware list, there might be options there). Turn on any options regarding "legacy", "dos", etc.

> I'm using windows Me and even tried downloading the VDM sound things and they wont work eaither. :(

What? Do you have Winamp? Does it play MP3s? Then the VGM plugin will work.

Maxim
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!