Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Can anyone tell me what this is?

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Can anyone tell me what this is?
Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:36 am
As seen on VORC...

VGM looping calc. 1.01

Can someone with better Japanese than me (ie. someone who speaks any Japanese at all) tell me what it does? I've uploaded the readme here for use with Babelfish, but it's not much good.

Maxim
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:24 pm
> Can someone with better Japanese than me (ie. someone who speaks any Japanese at all) tell me what it does? I've uploaded the readme here for use with Babelfish, but it's not much good.

Well, honnestly, it seems perfectly readable to me after a Babel Fish Translation. But I'm very used to read bad Japanese-written english, so that may help.

The tool takes an untrimmed .VGM file and automatically calculate a looping point which it display. It does not modify the file itself as of yet, that's why it mention you have to write the data at location 0x1F.
And at the end of the file there's a list of things to do, which includes automatic writing of the computed value to the file.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but it's pretty interesting, if it works.
Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 9:39 pm

> I've uploaded the readme here for use with Babelfish, but it's not much good.

> Maxim

Hahahahhaa.....
"Storing the address of the weight cord/code entirely, when it can invert can move furthermore delightfully"
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:19 pm
> > Can someone with better Japanese than me (ie. someone who speaks any Japanese at all) tell me what it does? I've uploaded the readme here for use with Babelfish, but it's not much good.

> Well, honnestly, it seems perfectly readable to me after a Babel Fish Translation. But I'm very used to read bad Japanese-written english, so that may help.

> The tool takes an untrimmed .VGM file and automatically calculate a looping point which it display. It does not modify the file itself as of yet, that's why it mention you have to write the data at location 0x1F.
> And at the end of the file there's a list of things to do, which includes automatic writing of the computed value to the file.

> I haven't downloaded it yet, but it's pretty interesting, if it works.

Well...

The exe, despite saying it no longer needs a dll on the webpage, won't run without a dll I haven't got.

But the source for some kind of QBasic type thing is included.

When you run it, you enter an absolute offset. It subtracts 0x1c (or whatever it is, the loop point offset), and writes it to the screen in Intel byte order.

So it's not very exciting. Or exciting at all, in fact.

Maxim
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!