Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Rad Mobile? (Master System)

Reply to topic
Rad Mobile? (Master System)
Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:51 pm
I've been looking around trying to find the music composers for a few VGM rips when came across these two posts (I know it is Facebook and could have been made up but I looked at a few of the stuff in that group and it does seem true): http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=30314011920&topic=4379&_fb_noscrip...

and http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=30314011920&topic=4370

Apparently there was a conversion of Rad Mobile possibly by Neil Harding but it got canned for being too ambitious (porting an arcade System 32 game to a Master System). It's the first that I've heard about it. Also it includes programmer credits to a couple of MS games as well.
Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:42 pm
Haha, Rad Mobile would have been really cool (sad?) on the SMS.

By the way, I agree with Dan Curley's comments about the superiority of intuitive gameplay over trial-and-error. A lot of software houses had a lot to learn from that.

As "Strider" 2 showed.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:03 pm
Last edited by Maxim on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Here's what seems to be there...

SMS Rad Mobile - cancelled, apparently not very good - probably a Hang On style engine, sounds pretty boring :) Coversion by Neil Harding
SMS World Cup USA - front-end by Gary Ireland, game by Chris Shay
SMS Indy 4 (?! Crystal Skull was the fourth film) - cancelled during development - "Dan"
SMS James Pond 2 - Doug Anderson
SMS Olympic Gold - Doug Anderson (confirmation 1, confirmation 2 - also, the default player name is D. Anderson; other default names are other Tiertex staff)
SMS Star Wars - Chris Shay
Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:28 pm
I suppose by Indy 4, it could have based on a TV series or an original creation or something.
Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:20 pm
They mention Indy 4 as being a cut down version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:36 pm
playgeneration wrote
They mention Indy 4 as being a cut down version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

They mention a lot of things, but the gist I got was that they're referring to Indy 3 (Last Crusade), they had a custom-made non-port SMS game and binned it to make a downport from the (awful) Mega Drive version.
Dan, on the facebook thread wrote
I remember grabbing Indy 4 on the MS by the horns and deciding to design it myself with Steve Bourne drawing levels. We had some overhead maps in there, mini-games, gambling with arabs in tents, loads of stuff in it, it was really taking form into something decent. Got canned with a reidrective "Let's just convert the Megadrive version with shitter graphics"
Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:41 pm
Indy and the Fate of Atlantis was being developed for Megadrive, as theres magaziones previews of it, it was never released though. So it could possibly still be that game they are reffering too.
Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:20 pm
Yawackhary wrote
Apparently there was a conversion of Rad Mobile possibly by Neil Harding but it got canned for being too ambitious (porting an arcade System 32 game to a Master System).

Neil Harding mentions Rad Mobile for the SMS here.
Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:53 pm
Harding also mentions working on (Ultraverse) Prime for Game Gear here. Was that ever announced?
Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:15 pm
playgeneration wrote
Indy and the Fate of Atlantis was being developed for Megadrive, as theres magaziones previews of it, it was never released though. So it could possibly still be that game they are reffering too.

Which is a port of the Action Game, not the vastly superior Graphic Adventure everybody remembers nowadays.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!