Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SMS dev

Reply to topic
Kaneda
SMS dev
Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 11:12 am
Hello!

i'm here to introduce me :)

i'm a little frenchy who really love Sega console :)

i'm working/trying to work on Genesis for...WOW!!!!! 3years!
and i think i'll start GG in some week, just the time to sleep a little after y2k :)

See you soon!

Kaneda

Daniel Eriksson
Your Genesis game for the Y2-kode looks very good! Amazing! I am going to download it when the files are fixed on Y2-kode.
Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 12:12 pm
Your Genesis game for the Y2-kode looks very good! Amazing! I am going to download it when the files are fixed on Y2-kode.

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 5:16 pm
> Hello!

> i'm here to introduce me :)

> i'm a little frenchy who really love Sega console :)

That makes to of you.

> i'm working/trying to work on Genesis for...WOW!!!!! 3years!
> and i think i'll start GG in some week3 years.. hm, I think I first started fooling around with Z80 and SMS coding, early '98 I think (Neon Spiral Injector and I had a few emails back and forth way back when, I think that was the only sms development site out there at the time, but it faded away after that). So I've been at it three years now.

It's always good to have new sega 8-bit coders. Are you already familiar with Z80 assembly?

>, just the time to sleep a little after y2k :)

I burnt myself out pretty good too. I actually took Tuesday off at work to get more work done, and didn't stop until 7:00 the next morning, 1 hour before the deadline and w hours before showing up at work again.
  • Site Admin
I seem to have a mental block.
Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 10:06 pm
> > i'm a little frenchy who really love Sega console :)
> That makes to of you.

I mean, of course, 'two.

> 1 hour before the deadline and w hours before showing up at work again.

Once again, I mean 'two'. Perhaps I've been hyponotized.
kaneda
Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2001 8:01 am
> > i'm a little frenchy who really love Sega console :)
> That makes to of you.

wow! :)

> > i'm working/trying to work on Genesis for...WOW!!!!! 3years!
> > and i think i'll start GG in some week

>3 years.. hm, I think I first started fooling around with Z80 >and SMS coding, early '98 I think (Neon Spiral Injector and I >had a few emails back and forth way back when, I think that was >the only sms development site out there at the time, but it >faded away after that). So I've been at it three years now.

good and no destructive drug, no? :)

> It's always good to have new sega 8-bit coders. Are you already familiar with Z80 assembly?

i 'look' at the z80 asm for the Genny sound part...so i'll have to improve it a little :)
but i have the time...it's just for fun, no ?

> >, just the time to sleep a little after y2k :)
> I burnt myself out pretty good too. I actually took Tuesday off at work to get more work done, and didn't stop until 7:00 the next morning, 1 hour before the deadline and w hours before showing up at work again.

i took all the week :)
since i worked on it for a while, i "just" implement collision detection/ enemies/ music :)

Kaneda

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2001 10:27 pm
> i took all the week :)
> since i worked on it for a while, i "just" implement collision detection/ enemies/ music :)

I am embarrassed to admit how much of my entry came together in the last few days before the contest. Yeah, I didn't have anything in the way of sound until last monday, collision detect between sprites wasn't in, sprite clipping, and more. Though I spent a lot of time planning out how to implement much of it beforeI sat down and wrote it, that helped.
Kaneda
Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2001 7:32 am
> I am embarrassed to admit how much of my entry came together in the last few days before the contest. Yeah, I didn't have anything in the way of sound until last monday, collision detect between sprites wasn't in, sprite clipping, and more. Though I spent a lot of time planning out how to implement much of it beforeI sat down and wrote it, that helped.

yes!!!
of course!!!
i don't think it's a good idea to seat down and write lines of code before a first reflexion!

Kaneda

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!