Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [VGM Pack] Tintin in Tibet

Reply to topic
[VGM Pack] Tintin in Tibet
Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:58 pm
This is my first VGM pack and I'm looking for feedback to see that it is done properly. There are two known errors that I already plan on fixing:

-Information in the notes tag. In talking with Alberto there was confusion on the original composer for the SNES game (of which he corrected in a later e-mail). I doubled checked the SNES soundtrack and for every repeating song I found, I left a note explaining that it originally came from the SNES game. You'll see what I mean, just the name needs fixing...

-Karagh pointed out that the .png was upscaled. Fusion will base the size of the screenshot on the resolution you run the emulator in. I tried running it at the smaller size and taking a screenshot, but it actually came out kind of distorted and lossy. It wasn't pixel perfect. I ran it at twice the size and everything came out doubled, but otherwise pixel-perfect in ratio (I think). How can I get it pixel perfect at the smaller size? Should I be using a different emulator?

If there's anything that needs fixing on top of those two, let me know! :)

Pack's page:

http://www.smspower.org/music/VGMs/TintinInTibet
Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:53 pm
Thank you,
For the cover, the best way is instaling Meka (if possible) and taking the screenshoot in that emulator. Remember to avoid rescalings and filters. If you don't want to install Meka (aka the best emulator ever), just say it and I'll send you a screenshoot.
Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:41 pm
In Kega Fusion v3.61, go to Options, Set Config..., Extras, and then set Output Stage to Raw.

To view the actual game in pixel-accurate size, go to Video, Render Plugin, QuadRaw (Snake).
v1.01
Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:56 pm
Last edited by karagh on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bucky dissapeared, and I decided to correct the deficiencies of his package.
Now it has a correct cover and compressed/uncompressed files as needed.
If no one complains in 2 or 3 days, I'll upload it to the VGM section.

Too, I upload a script for linux I used to package the stuff. If you want to comment or correct it feel free.

note: I can't upload vgm7z files, seems 50kb size limit is on for this filetype... File was renamed
vgmify.sh.txt (4 KB)
shell script

done
Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:37 am
I created the page and uploaded the files. Some admin should change this post's name to : [VGM pack] Tintin in Tibet (done)
Post Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:40 am
Sorry for the bump, but I just wanted to thank karagh for putting the finishing touches on this! :) I got caught up in a bunch of things and this wound up on the backburner until I forgot about it. I was happy to see it completed and in the archive.
Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:42 pm
New track added. Now at 1.02.
GG Stereo: NO

Added the intro, an unused track. It can be accessed in game. The theme is a bit foreboding, so it's possible the programmers deliberately opted to use silence for the intro scene rather than having forgotten.

I looked over my notes to this game from a ways back. There is a lot of theme reuse since the game sometimes splits each level into sections.

Just like smurfs, ids start a bit high and the trigger occupies an adjacent location in ram.

C1DB (id) , C1DC (trigger with 0x80)

Valid IDs are 0x47-77 (every 3)
47 stops the engine completely
4A fades into a song that has started if it is faded out (only used at end as far as I know)
4D fades out of a song if it is playing

First song is 50
Last song (Intro) is 77,
7A has no clear effect
7D+ resets the game (invalid id)

Title - 71
Stage 1-62
Stage 1-2 - 65
Stage 2-5F
Stage 3-6E
Stage 4-5C
Stage 5-53
Stage 6 (water) -65 (same as 1-2)
Stage 7-5C (same as 4)
Stage 8-56
Stage 9-59
Stage 10-68
Stage 11-53 (same as 5)
Stage 12-1 - 59 (same as 9)
Stage 12-2 - 68
Stage 12-3 - 59 (same as 9 and 12-1)
Stage 13-50
Stage 14-6B

Find Chang (End)-53 (same as 5 and 11)
Game Over-74
Intro (unused)-77

47 Stop
4A fade in
4D fade out

I was originally tempted to change the titles and add tags, but the existing ones are pretty good, and the titles come from the composer so I'll leave it at that. Files were renamed according to current standards and the extras were updated. Archives also named in accordance with current standards.

Enjoy.

(attachments removed)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!