Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Please,i need help,does anyone knows some Master System games that has some 3d special level or something?

Reply to topic
Daniel Eriksson
Please,i need help,does anyone knows some Master System games that has some 3d special level or something?
Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 8:56 pm
Please,i need help,does anyone knows some Master System games that has some 3d special level or something?
Like in Sonic Blast?
Please answer if you know any game like that.

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 10:27 pm
> Please,i need help,does anyone knows some Master System games that has some 3d special level or something?
> Like in Sonic Blast?
> Please answer if you know any game like that.

Well, that 3D mode just uses palette colour rotation to fake the effect, much the same as many games - Space Harrier, most racing games. Lucky Dime Caper also uses it in one level, but it isn't 3D. Possibly the main reason is the fact that every "object" that approaches needs a lot more sprites, one for each size, which is expensive in terms of ROM space. Sonic Blast was a late GG game and so it was feasable to put the game on a 1MB rom; I'm sure in the late 80s such a rom would have cost a fortune.

Maxim
  • Site Admin
That didn't make much sense
Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 10:34 pm
> Possibly the main reason why not many games do it is the fact that every "object" that approaches needs a lot more sprites, one for each size, which is expensive in terms of ROM space. Sonic Blast was a late GG game and so it was feasable to put the game on a 1MB rom; I'm sure in the late 80s such a rom would have cost a fortune.

Maxim
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!