SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Z80 asm coder needed

Reply to topic
PolestaR
Z80 asm coder needed
Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 9:26 am
Yeah, I need a z80 asm coder to write an utterly simple ASM program. All the program needs to do is write to the sound port a few certain frequencies. I want to be able to then run this program on a real SMS hopefully with the help of MikeG and get him to log the output to a wave file for analysis. With just individual frequencies you will be able to pretty much look at how the SMS outputs frequencies with the PSG. Its basically getting sound in a digital format that you can try and recreate through the emulation. It could also facilitate in better Noise emulation too, but thats for the future. Anyone interested in helping out a poor emu author ;).
-Jason Starr-

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 4:43 pm
> Yeah, I need a z80 asm coder to write an utterly simple ASM program. All the program needs to do is write to the sound port a few certain frequencies. I want to be able to then run this program on a real SMS hopefully with the help of MikeG and get him to log the output to a wave file for analysis. With just individual frequencies you will be able to pretty much look at how the SMS outputs frequencies with the PSG. Its basically getting sound in a digital format that you can try and recreate through the emulation. It could also facilitate in better Noise emulation too, but thats for the future. Anyone interested in helping out a poor emu author ;).

Sure thing ... any particular frequencies in mind, or would you like to be able to pick your frequency on the fly? (That will take a little longer, but not much)
Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 8:08 pm
> Yeah, I need a z80 asm coder to write an utterly simple ASM program. All the program needs to do is write to the sound port a few certain frequencies. I want to be able to then run this program on a real SMS hopefully with the help of MikeG and get him to log the output to a wave file for analysis. With just individual frequencies you will be able to pretty much look at how the SMS outputs frequencies with the PSG. Its basically getting sound in a digital format that you can try and recreate through the emulation. It could also facilitate in better Noise emulation too, but thats for the future. Anyone interested in helping out a poor emu author ;).
> -Jason Starr-

I've already written a quick sound demo for SMS. It's available in the Source Code section. It's called "Snail Game Music". It isn't hard to modify the "Music_Data_Table" section to simply play the pitches you need.

--
Eric Quinn
PolestaR
Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 4:45 am
Frequency on the fly would be better I think. Just use one of the tone generators for the frequency too, maybe you should have it so you could select the tone generator you want. That would be better. THanks again heliophobe, tell me when its done. :)
-Jason Starr-

PolestaR
Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 4:46 am
Ive seen your program and source but I dont have a z80 asm compiler so I dont wanna start editing your thing so someone else can compile it. I dont have the time either :). Heliophobe is going to do it now so everything is good, thanks anyway.
-Jason Starr-

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!